Study of the Collective Dynamics of Liquid Ni Using Pseudo-Potential Theory
AbstractThe Phonon dispersion curves of liquid Ni near its melting temperature have been investigated using two different models: Takeno-Goda and Hubbard-Beeby. Bretonnet-Silbert (BS) pseudo-potential has been used for the interatomic potential calculation. The pair distribution function g(r) obtained by Variational Modified Hypernatted Chain (VMHNC) method. The phonon dispersion data thus obtained is in good agreement with those of Gopala et al. Also the first minimum in (k) for longitudinal phonon modes and the first maximum in the static factor S(k) occur nearly at the same value of k according to the framework of Ziman’s Formalism. In addition, stiffness constants (C11 and C44) and compressibility have been calculated and compared with the available experimental data.
J.L Bretonnet and M.Silbert , Phys Chem Liq 24,169 (1992)
S.Takeno and M.Goda, prog.Theor.Phys.45 331(1971)
S.Takeno and M.Goda, prog.Theor.Phys.47 790 (1972)
J.Hubbard and J.L Beeby, J.Phys.C; Solid State physics, 2 556 (1969)
Rosenfeld Y 1986 j Stat Phys. 42 437
Gonzalez L E Gonzalez D J and Silbert M 1992 Phys. Rev. A 45 3803
Gonzalez L E Gonzalez D J and Silbert M 1991 Physica B 168 39
Handbook of Chemistry and Physics, 45th Edition (Cleveland, OH: Chemical Rubber) (1964).
R.V Gopala Rao and R.Venkatesh Journal of Non-Crystalline solids 155(1993) 245-252
N.W Ashcroft and N.DMermen, Solid State Physics Chap 7 & 2, Holt, Renehart and Winson publication Co, New York (1978)
Y.Waseda, the Structure of Non-crystalline materials (McGrew-Hill 1980)
T.IIDA and R. Guthrie, the Physical properties of Liquid Metals (1993)
Kittel, Introduction to Solid State Physics,(John Wiley and Sons 1976)
P.Schofield Proc.Phys SOC.88, 149 (1966)
P.a Egelstaff, Introduction to Liquid State, Academic Press, London/New York 175 (1967)
T.Itami and M.Shimoji, J.Phys.F14 (1984) L15.
Rosefeld Y and Ashcroft N.w 1979 Phys.Rev. A 20 1208
Authors who submit papers with this journal agree to the following terms:
- Authors retain copyright and grant the journal right of first publication with the work simultaneously licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution License that allows others to share the work with an acknowledgement of the work's authorship and initial publication in this journal.
- Authors are able to enter into separate, additional contractual arrangements for the non-exclusive distribution of the journal's published version of the work (e.g., post it to an institutional repository or publish it in a book), with an acknowledgement of its initial publication in this journal.
- Authors are permitted and encouraged to post their work online (e.g., in institutional repositories or on their website) prior to and during the submission process, as it can lead to productive exchanges, as well as earlier and greater citation of published work (See The Effect of Open Access).
- By submitting the processing fee, it is understood that the author has agreed to our terms and conditions which may change from time to time without any notice.
- It should be clear for authors that the Editor In Chief is responsible for the final decision about the submitted papers; have the right to accept\reject any paper. The Editor In Chief will choose any option from the following to review the submitted papers:A. send the paper to two reviewers, if the results were negative by one reviewer and positive by the other one; then the editor may send the paper for third reviewer or he take immediately the final decision by accepting\rejecting the paper. The Editor In Chief will ask the selected reviewers to present the results within 7 working days, if they were unable to complete the review within the agreed period then the editor have the right to resend the papers for new reviewers using the same procedure. If the Editor In Chief was not able to find suitable reviewers for certain papers then he have the right to accept\reject the paper.B. sends the paper to a selected editorial board member(s). C. the Editor In Chief himself evaluates the paper.
- Author will take the responsibility what so ever if any copyright infringement or any other violation of any law is done by publishing the research work by the author
- Before publishing, author must check whether this journal is accepted by his employer, or any authority he intends to submit his research work. we will not be responsible in this matter.
- If at any time, due to any legal reason, if the journal stops accepting manuscripts or could not publish already accepted manuscripts, we will have the right to cancel all or any one of the manuscripts without any compensation or returning back any kind of processing cost.
- The cost covered in the publication fees is only for online publication of a single manuscript.