Community Participation on Mediating the Influence of Leadership and Motivation on Competitive Tourism Destination in the Pinge Village
AbstractThis study aims to find out how leadership roles, motivations and community participation in realizing tourism destinations are competitive. This research was conducted in Pinge Tourism Village, Tabanan Regency. The data source is primary and secondary data. Primary data were obtained from interviews with the Pinge Tourism Village community who were in productive age and secondary data obtained from the archives and documentation of Pinge Tourism Village. The characteristics of respondents are presented with descriptive statistical methods and data analysis techniques using PLS (Partial Least Squares) methods. The research conducted illustrates that the majority of the population of Pinge Tourism Village work in the informal sector (day labor) and agriculture. The choice of profession is related to the level of education that the most of the them at the junior and senior high school levels. The results of the analysis showed that the motivation of the community, the leadership that applied the concept of "Asta Brata" and community participation showed a positive and significant effect on competitive tourist destinations. Community participation mediates the influence of leadership and community motivation on competitive tourist destinations partially. Community participation increases the influence of leadership on competitive tourist destinations from 0.351 to 0.449 and increases the influence of motivation on competitive tourist destinations from 0.328 to 0.420. Community motivation, participation and implementation of "Asta Brata" concept by leaders in the Pinge Tourism Village, need to be improved continuously to realize a competitive tourism village
Arnstein, S. R. 1969. A ladder of citizen participation. Journal of the American Institute of planners, 35(4), p:216-224.
Ashley, C., Brine, P. D., Lehr, A. & Wilde, H. 2007. The Role of the Tourism Sector Expanding Economic Opportunity. Economic Opportunity Series, p:8-9.
Geovani, T. & Suryawan, I. B. 2014. Potensi Desa Pinge Sebagai Desa Wisata Di Kecamatan Marga, Kabupaten Tabanan. Jurnal destiansi wisata. 2 (2), p:75-85.
Goodwin, H. & Santilli, R. 2009. Community-based tourism: A success. ICRT Occasional paper, 11, p:1-37
Hall, C. M. & Jenkins, J. M. 1998. The policy dimensions of rural tourism and recreation. New York : Wiley.
Hannert, A. 2010. “Feasibility Study of CBT in Pinge” (tesis). Netherland: NHTV Breda University.
Hasibuan, M. S. P. 2003. Manajemen Sumber Daya Manusia, Edisi Revisi. Jakarta: Bumi Aksara.
Heny, U. D., Fandeli, C. & Baiquni, M. 2013. Pengembangan Desa Wisata Berbasis Partisipasi Masyarakat Lokal Di Desa Wisata Jatiluwih Tabanan, Bali. Kawistara. 3 (2), p:129-139.
Heny, U. D. 2014. “Partisipasi Masyarakat Lokal Dalam Pengembangan Desa Wisata di Kabupaten Tabanan” (desertasi). Yogyakarta : UGM.
Kayat, K. 2002. Power, social exchanges and tourism in Langkawi: Rethinking residents’ perceptions. International Journal of Tourism Research. 4, p:171-191.
King, C. S., Feltey, K. M. & Susel, B. O. N. 1998. The question of participation: Toward authentic public participation in public administration. Public Administration Review, 58(4), p:317-329.
Nicholas, L. N., Thapa, B. & Ko, Y. J. 2009. Residents' perspectives of a World Heritage Site: The Pitons Management Area, St. Lucia. Annals of Tourism Research, 36(3), 390-412.
Nilakusumawati, D. P. E. 2009. Kajian Aktivitas Ekonomi Pelaku Sektor Informal di Kota Denpasar (Studi Kasus Wanita Pedagang Canang Sari). Piramida. 5 (2). p:1-27.
Nuryanti, W. 1993. Desa Wisata : Concept, Perspective and Challenges, bagian dari Laporan Konferensi Internasional mengenai Pariwisata Budaya. Yogyakarta: Gadjah Mada University Press.
Saarinen, J. 2006. Traditions of Sustainability in Tourism Studies. Annals of Tourism Research, 33, p:1121-1140.
Siagian, S. P. 2008. Manajemen Sumber Daya Manusia. Jakarta : Bumi Aksara.
Suansri, P. 2003. Community Based Tourism Handbook. Thailand: Mild Publishing.
Suwena, I K. 2010. Pengetahuan Dasar Ilmu Pariwisata. Denpasar: Udayana Press
UNWTO. 2008. UNWTO Tourism Highlight 2008 Edition.
Winata, A., Yuliana, E. 2012. Tingkat Partisipasi Petani Hutan dalam Program Pengelolaan Hutan Bersama Masyarakat (PHBM) Perhutani. Mimbar. 28 (1). p:65-76.
WTTC. 2015, Travel and Tourism Economic impact: Executive Summary.
Authors who submit papers with this journal agree to the following terms:
- Authors retain copyright and grant the journal right of first publication with the work simultaneously licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution License that allows others to share the work with an acknowledgement of the work's authorship and initial publication in this journal.
- Authors are able to enter into separate, additional contractual arrangements for the non-exclusive distribution of the journal's published version of the work (e.g., post it to an institutional repository or publish it in a book), with an acknowledgement of its initial publication in this journal.
- Authors are permitted and encouraged to post their work online (e.g., in institutional repositories or on their website) prior to and during the submission process, as it can lead to productive exchanges, as well as earlier and greater citation of published work (See The Effect of Open Access).
- By submitting the processing fee, it is understood that the author has agreed to our terms and conditions which may change from time to time without any notice.
- It should be clear for authors that the Editor In Chief is responsible for the final decision about the submitted papers; have the right to accept\reject any paper. The Editor In Chief will choose any option from the following to review the submitted papers:A. send the paper to two reviewers, if the results were negative by one reviewer and positive by the other one; then the editor may send the paper for third reviewer or he take immediately the final decision by accepting\rejecting the paper. The Editor In Chief will ask the selected reviewers to present the results within 7 working days, if they were unable to complete the review within the agreed period then the editor have the right to resend the papers for new reviewers using the same procedure. If the Editor In Chief was not able to find suitable reviewers for certain papers then he have the right to accept\reject the paper.B. sends the paper to a selected editorial board member(s). C. the Editor In Chief himself evaluates the paper.
- Author will take the responsibility what so ever if any copyright infringement or any other violation of any law is done by publishing the research work by the author
- Before publishing, author must check whether this journal is accepted by his employer, or any authority he intends to submit his research work. we will not be responsible in this matter.
- If at any time, due to any legal reason, if the journal stops accepting manuscripts or could not publish already accepted manuscripts, we will have the right to cancel all or any one of the manuscripts without any compensation or returning back any kind of processing cost.
- The cost covered in the publication fees is only for online publication of a single manuscript.