Risk Factors of Type 2 Diabetes Mellitus in Coastal Communities in the Working Area of Community Health Centre of Kapota of Wakatobi Regency in 2018
AbstractType 2 diabetes mellitus is a degenerative disease that is dangerous and it can cause death. This disease is characterized by hyperglycemia and a disruption of carbohydrate, fat and protein metabolism which is associated with absolute or relative deficiencies of insulin secretion. This study aimed to determine the risk factors of type 2 diabetes mellitus in coastal communities in the working area of Community health centre of Kapota of Wakatobi Regency in 2018. This study used a case control design with a retrospective approach. The population in this study was all communities in the working area of Community health centre of Kapota aged 40-60 years old amounted to 900 people and the samples amounted to 60 people, namely 30 people for cases and 30 people for control. The sampling used simple random sampling technique. The results showed that family history and physical activity were the risk factors for type 2 diabetes mellitus in coastal communities in the working area of Community health centre of Kapota in 2018, while dietary pattern was not a risk factor for type 2 diabetes mellitus in coastal communities in the working area of Community health centre of Kapota in 2018.
Buraerah. H. (2009, Apr). "Risk factor analysis of type 2 diabetes mellitus at Community health centre of Tanrutedong, Sidenreg Rappan". MEDIKA: Jurnal Kedokteran Indonesia. [On-line]. 35 (04), pp. 228. [Feb. 3, 2019].
Amtiria. H.R. "Hubungan pola makan dengan kadar gula darah pasien diabetes melitus tipe II di Poli Penyakit Dalam RSUD DR H. Abdul Moeloek Provinsi Lampung tahun 2015 [Relationship between dietary pattern and blood sugar level of patients of type II diabetes mellitus at Internal Medicine Poly, Regional General Hospital of Dr. H. Abdul Moeloek, Lampung Province in 2015]." Thesis. Universitas Lampung, Indonesia. 2016.
International Diabetes Federation. (2017). The IDF diabetes atlas (8th edition 2017). [On-line] Available: from www.diabetesatlas.org [Feb 10, 2019].
Indonesian Ministry of Health. (2018). Riset kesehatan dasar tahun 2018 [Basic health research in 2018]. [On-line] Available: http://www.depkes.go.id/resources/download/info-terkini/materi_rakorpop_2018/Hasil%20Riskesdas%202018.pdf [Jan 15, 2019].
Health Office of Southeast Sulawesi Province. (2018). Profil kesehatan Sulawesi Tenggara 2017 [Health profile of Southeast Sulawesi in 2017]. [On-line] Available: www.dinkes.sultraprov.go.id [Feb 2, 2019].
Monthly report on non-communicable diseases of Community health centre of Kapota. Data Diabetes Melitus [Diabetes melitus data]. Wakatobi, Indonesia: Community health centre of Kapota. 2018.
Sari. M.A. "Faktor risiko kejadian diabetes melitus tipe II pada masyarakat urban [Risk factors of type II diabetes mellitus in the urban society]". Thesis. Universitas Negeri Semarang, Indonesia. 2016.
Barnes. D.E. Program Olahraga Diabetes [Sports Programme of Diabetes]. Yogyakarta, Indonesia: Citra Aji Parama. 2011.
Hidayat. A. Metode Penelitian Keperawatan dan Tekhnik Analisis Data [Nursing research methods and data analysis technique]. Jakarta, Indonesia: Salemba Medika. 2009.
Notoatmodjo. S. Metodologi Penelitian Kesehatan [Health Research Methodology]. Jakarta, Indonesia: Rineka Cipta. 2012.
Trisnawati & Soedijono. (2013). Faktor risiko kejadian diabetes melitus tipe 2 pasien rawat jalan di puskesmas wilayah kecamatan Denpasar Selatan [Risk factors of type 2 diabetes mellitus in patients of outpatients at Community health centre in region of South Denpasar sub-district]. Public Health and Preventive Medicine Archive [On-line]. 1. [Feb 25].
Fitriyani. Faktor risiko Diabtes melitus tipe 2 di Puskesmas Kecamatan Citangkil dan Puskesmas Pulo Merak Kota Cilegon [Risk factors of type 2 diabetes mellitus at Community health centre of Citangkil Sub-district and Community health centre of Pulo Merak, Cilegon City]. Thesis. Indonesia. 2012.
CDC. (2011). Family History as a Tool for Detecting Children at Risk for Diabetes and Cardiovascular Disease. [On-line] Available: http://www.cdc.gov/ncbddd/pediatricgen etics/genetics_workshop/detecting.html. [Feb 17, 2019].
Sudaryanto. A. et al. (2014, June). Hubungan antara pola makan, genitik dan kebiasaan olahraga terhadap kejadian diabetes melitus tipe II di wilayah kerja Puskesmas Nusukan,Banjarsari [Relationship between dietary pattern, genetic and sports habits toward Type II Diabetes Mellitus in the working area of Community health centre of Nusukan, Banjarsari] [On-line] 2
Soebroto. Cara Mudah Mengatasi Problem Anemia [Easy Ways to Overcome Problem of Anemia]. Yogyakarta, Indonesia: Bangkit. 2009.
Anastasia et al. "Hubungan antara aktifitas fisik dan riwayat keluarga dengan kejadian diabetes melitus tipe 2 pada pasien rawat jalan Puskesmas Tenga Kecamatan Tenga [Relationship between physical activity and family history with type 2 diabetes mellitus in patients of outpatients at Community health centre of Tenga, Tenga Sub-district]'. Thesis. Indonesia. 2016.
Maryani. S. "Hubungan Pola Makan dan Kebiasaan Olah Raga dengan Kadar Gula Darah Penderita Diabetes Mellitus Tipe II Di RS PKU Muhammadiyah Surakarta [Relationship between Dietary Pattern and Sport Habits with Blood Sugar Levels in Patients of Type II Diabetes Mellitus at Hospital of PKU Muhammadiyah Surakarta]". Thesis. Indonesia. 2011
Copyright (c) 2019 International Journal of Sciences: Basic and Applied Research (IJSBAR)
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivatives 4.0 International License.
Authors who submit papers with this journal agree to the following terms:
- Authors retain copyright and grant the journal right of first publication with the work simultaneously licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution License that allows others to share the work with an acknowledgement of the work's authorship and initial publication in this journal.
- Authors are able to enter into separate, additional contractual arrangements for the non-exclusive distribution of the journal's published version of the work (e.g., post it to an institutional repository or publish it in a book), with an acknowledgement of its initial publication in this journal.
- Authors are permitted and encouraged to post their work online (e.g., in institutional repositories or on their website) prior to and during the submission process, as it can lead to productive exchanges, as well as earlier and greater citation of published work (See The Effect of Open Access).
- By submitting the processing fee, it is understood that the author has agreed to our terms and conditions which may change from time to time without any notice.
- It should be clear for authors that the Editor In Chief is responsible for the final decision about the submitted papers; have the right to accept\reject any paper. The Editor In Chief will choose any option from the following to review the submitted papers:A. send the paper to two reviewers, if the results were negative by one reviewer and positive by the other one; then the editor may send the paper for third reviewer or he take immediately the final decision by accepting\rejecting the paper. The Editor In Chief will ask the selected reviewers to present the results within 7 working days, if they were unable to complete the review within the agreed period then the editor have the right to resend the papers for new reviewers using the same procedure. If the Editor In Chief was not able to find suitable reviewers for certain papers then he have the right to accept\reject the paper.B. sends the paper to a selected editorial board member(s). C. the Editor In Chief himself evaluates the paper.
- Author will take the responsibility what so ever if any copyright infringement or any other violation of any law is done by publishing the research work by the author
- Before publishing, author must check whether this journal is accepted by his employer, or any authority he intends to submit his research work. we will not be responsible in this matter.
- If at any time, due to any legal reason, if the journal stops accepting manuscripts or could not publish already accepted manuscripts, we will have the right to cancel all or any one of the manuscripts without any compensation or returning back any kind of processing cost.
- The cost covered in the publication fees is only for online publication of a single manuscript.