Implementation of Structural Competency Standards in Public Sector
AbstractIn an effort to provide quality services to the community, the local government mostly needs the apparatus resources that have good competency and performance as well as professionals in the field of government administration. As a matter of fact, the civil servants in their structural positions have not met the stipulated position, so there are still positions, as well as placements that are not in accordance with their competencies. This then has implications for the performance and achievement of organizational goals that are less than optimal. For this reason, the aim of this research is to describe the implementation of structural/managerial competency standard in public sector, particularly in local government. This research applies the descriptive qualitative method. The results indicate that the incompatibility of civil servant competencies with the position carried out because the occupational competency standard has not been made as minimum managerial competency requirements that must be owned by a civil servant in carrying out the job duties. Managerial competency is soft competency which includes aspects of knowledge, skills and attitudes according to the duties and/or functions of the position. The procedures for preparing managerial competency standards include the stages, namely data collection, identification of managerial competencies, compilation of temporary lists and validation of managerial competencies.
Byars, Lloyd L. and Rue, Leslie W., (2000), Human Resource Management, Ninth Edition, New York: McGraw Hill.
Lako, Andreas dan Sumaryati, Anna, (2002), ”Optimalisasi Kinerja Korporasi Melalui Audit Kinerja Manajemen Sumber Daya Manusia”, Usahawan, Nomor 10 Tahun XXXI, Oktober.
Peraturan Menteri Pendayagunaan Aparatur Negara dan Reformasi Birokrasi Nomor 38 Tahun 2017 tentang Standar Kompetensi Jabatan Aparatur Sipil Negara (Berita Negara Republik Indonesia Tahun 2017 Nomor 1907).
Peraturan Kepala Badan Kepegawaian Negara Nomor 7 Tahun 2013 tentang Pedoman Penyusunan Standar Kompetensi Manajerial Pegawai Negeri Sipil (Berita Negara Republik Indonesia Tahun 2013 Nomor 297).
Prayitno, (2004), Dasar-dasar Bimbingan dan Konseling, Jakarta: Penerbit Grasindo.
Purnamasari, Irma dan Salbiah, Euis, (2015), “Model Peningkatan Kinerja Sumber Daya Aparatur Di Lingkungan Pemerintah Daerah Kota Bogor”, Jurnal Sosial Humaniora, Vol 6, No 2 (2015), pp. 61-68; https://doi.org/10.30997/jsh.v6i2.501; http://ojs.unida.ac.id/index.php/JSH/article/view/501.
Purnamasari, Irma; Munjin, R. Akhmad; and Ratnamulyani, Ike Atikah, (2018), “Arrangement of Human Resource in Public Sector”, International Journal of Sciences: Basic and Applied Research (IJSBAR), Vol 42 No 3 (2018), pp 108-117; https://gssrr.org/index.php/JournalOfBasicAndApplied/article/view/ 9415/4198.
Ruky, H. Achmad S., (2003), Sumber Daya Manusia Berkualitas Mengubah Visi Menjadi Realitas, Jakarta: Gramedia Pustaka Utama.
Sulistya, Arief Dwi, (2008), “Profesionalisme Aparatur Pemerintah: Studi Kasus Responsivitas dan Inovasi Aparatur di Kecamatan Sumber, Kabupaten Rembang”, Tesis Magister Tidak Diterbitkan, Semarang: Progam Pascasarjana Universitas Diponegoro.
Undang-Undang Nomor 5 Tahun 2014 tentang Aparatur Sipil Negara (Lembaran Negara Republik Indonesia Tahun 2015 Nomor 6, Tambahan Lembaran Negara Republik Indonesia Nomor 5494).
Undang-Undang Nomor 23 Tahun 2014 tentang Pemerintahan Daerah (Lembaran Negara Republik Indonesia Tahun 2014 Nomor 244, Tambahan Lembaran Negara Republik Indonesia Nomor 5587).
World Bank, Global Governance Index, Transparancy International 2016-2017.
Copyright (c) 2020 International Journal of Sciences: Basic and Applied Research (IJSBAR)
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivatives 4.0 International License.
Authors who submit papers with this journal agree to the following terms:
- Authors retain copyright and grant the journal right of first publication with the work simultaneously licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution License that allows others to share the work with an acknowledgement of the work's authorship and initial publication in this journal.
- Authors are able to enter into separate, additional contractual arrangements for the non-exclusive distribution of the journal's published version of the work (e.g., post it to an institutional repository or publish it in a book), with an acknowledgement of its initial publication in this journal.
- Authors are permitted and encouraged to post their work online (e.g., in institutional repositories or on their website) prior to and during the submission process, as it can lead to productive exchanges, as well as earlier and greater citation of published work (See The Effect of Open Access).
- By submitting the processing fee, it is understood that the author has agreed to our terms and conditions which may change from time to time without any notice.
- It should be clear for authors that the Editor In Chief is responsible for the final decision about the submitted papers; have the right to accept\reject any paper. The Editor In Chief will choose any option from the following to review the submitted papers:A. send the paper to two reviewers, if the results were negative by one reviewer and positive by the other one; then the editor may send the paper for third reviewer or he take immediately the final decision by accepting\rejecting the paper. The Editor In Chief will ask the selected reviewers to present the results within 7 working days, if they were unable to complete the review within the agreed period then the editor have the right to resend the papers for new reviewers using the same procedure. If the Editor In Chief was not able to find suitable reviewers for certain papers then he have the right to accept\reject the paper.B. sends the paper to a selected editorial board member(s). C. the Editor In Chief himself evaluates the paper.
- Author will take the responsibility what so ever if any copyright infringement or any other violation of any law is done by publishing the research work by the author
- Before publishing, author must check whether this journal is accepted by his employer, or any authority he intends to submit his research work. we will not be responsible in this matter.
- If at any time, due to any legal reason, if the journal stops accepting manuscripts or could not publish already accepted manuscripts, we will have the right to cancel all or any one of the manuscripts without any compensation or returning back any kind of processing cost.
- The cost covered in the publication fees is only for online publication of a single manuscript.