Effect of Abrasion Resistance on the Woven Fabric and its Weaves
AbstractFrom yarns to fibers to fabric, a finished garment goes through various challenges to meet our requirements. One of the major factors that affect a woven fabric is ‘Abrasion Resistance’. Abrasion is basically the mechanical deterioration of fabric components by rubbing them against another surface. It ultimately results in the loss of the fabrics’ performance and its appearance. This paper shall deal with the various aspects of a woven fabric with respect to abrasion resistance, its tests and various experiments and the effect it has on the weave of the fabric.
H. Kaynak and M. Topalbekiroğlu, “Influence of Fabric Pattern on the Abrasion Resistance Property of Woven Fabrics,” Department of Textile Engineering, University of Gaziantep, Gaziantep.
T. School, “Fabric weave and its basics”.
P. Mehta, “An Introduction to Quality Control for the Apparel Industry,” ASQC Quality Press, (1992).
N. Özdil, G. Kayseri and G. S. Mengüç, “Analysis of Abrasion Characteristics in Textiles,” Ege University, Textile Engineering Department, Izmir, Izmir, Turkey.
A. C. M. S. R. M. R. B. A. Manich, “Abrasion Kinetics of Wool and Blended Fabric,” Textile Research Journal, Vol.71, (2001).
I. B. R. R. S. T. J. Abdullah, “Abrasion Phenomena in Twill Tencel Fabric,” Journal of Applied Polymer Science Vol. 102, p. 1391–1398, 2006.
J. M. W. Hearle, Physical Properties of Textile Fibres (Fourth edition), Woodhead Publishing Series in Textiles No. 68, ISBN-13: 978 1 84569 220 9, 2008.
J. Hu, “ Fabric testing,” Woodhead Publishing Series in Textiles, 2008, p. 76.
B. (. ,. ,. Saville, “Physical Testing of Textiles, CRC,” Cambridge, England, Woodhead Publishing Limited.
F. Ö. E. Ö. B. Kaloğlu, “Influence Of Varying Structural Parameters On Abrasion Characteristics of 50/50 Wool/Polyester Blended Fabrics,,” Textile Research Journal, Vol. 73, No. 11,, pp. pp. 980-984., (2003). .
S. Kadolph, “Quality Assurance for Textiles and Apparel,,” ISBN:156367-144-1, Fairchild Publication, 2007.
Copyright (c) 2020 International Journal of Sciences: Basic and Applied Research (IJSBAR)
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivatives 4.0 International License.
Authors who submit papers with this journal agree to the following terms:
- Authors retain copyright and grant the journal right of first publication with the work simultaneously licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution License that allows others to share the work with an acknowledgement of the work's authorship and initial publication in this journal.
- Authors are able to enter into separate, additional contractual arrangements for the non-exclusive distribution of the journal's published version of the work (e.g., post it to an institutional repository or publish it in a book), with an acknowledgement of its initial publication in this journal.
- Authors are permitted and encouraged to post their work online (e.g., in institutional repositories or on their website) prior to and during the submission process, as it can lead to productive exchanges, as well as earlier and greater citation of published work (See The Effect of Open Access).
- By submitting the processing fee, it is understood that the author has agreed to our terms and conditions which may change from time to time without any notice.
- It should be clear for authors that the Editor In Chief is responsible for the final decision about the submitted papers; have the right to accept\reject any paper. The Editor In Chief will choose any option from the following to review the submitted papers:A. send the paper to two reviewers, if the results were negative by one reviewer and positive by the other one; then the editor may send the paper for third reviewer or he take immediately the final decision by accepting\rejecting the paper. The Editor In Chief will ask the selected reviewers to present the results within 7 working days, if they were unable to complete the review within the agreed period then the editor have the right to resend the papers for new reviewers using the same procedure. If the Editor In Chief was not able to find suitable reviewers for certain papers then he have the right to accept\reject the paper.B. sends the paper to a selected editorial board member(s). C. the Editor In Chief himself evaluates the paper.
- Author will take the responsibility what so ever if any copyright infringement or any other violation of any law is done by publishing the research work by the author
- Before publishing, author must check whether this journal is accepted by his employer, or any authority he intends to submit his research work. we will not be responsible in this matter.
- If at any time, due to any legal reason, if the journal stops accepting manuscripts or could not publish already accepted manuscripts, we will have the right to cancel all or any one of the manuscripts without any compensation or returning back any kind of processing cost.
- The cost covered in the publication fees is only for online publication of a single manuscript.