Japanese Cultural and Cultural Competency of Food and Beverage Service Fushimi Restaurant in the Onsen Hot Spring Resort in Batu City
AbstractThis study aims to identify how Fushimi restaurant attendants at The Onsen Hot Spring Resort in Batu City welcome guests, its Japanese culture and language skills of Fushimi restaurant staff at The Onsen Hot Spring Resort Batu City, as well as how Fushimi restaurant waitresses at The Onsen Hot spring Batu City Resort enhances their Japanese language skills. The research method conducted is a type of research with a qualitative approach namely, a research method based on the philosophy of post-positivism, which was used to examine the natural conditions of objects where the researcher is as a key instrument, data source sampling is done purposive and snowball, collecting techniques with triangulation (combined), data analysis is inductive / qualitative, and qualitative research results emphasize more meaning than generalization. From the results of the study we found that of the 13 greetings expressions, waiters only do two things, first is the clothes worn by waiters have met or in accordance with the theme of the restaurant, the second ojigi has been done by Fushimi restaurant waitresses, while 11 greetings expressions in Japanese has not been done by Fushimi restaurant waiters. They assumed that the guests who came were domestic guests so that the greetings and Japanese were not done correctly. Regular Japanese training has not been conducted. It is necessary to provide motivation from the management to the waiters to be brave and confident in giving greetings to guests as well as reviving or re-training and adding Japanese vocabulary in the restaurant.
Bagyono. 2007. Pariwisata dan Perhotelan. Alfabeta: Bandung.
Haruhiko, Kindaichi. Nihonggo. 1994. Iwanami Shinsho : Tokyo.
Hutapea, Parulian dan Nurianna Thoha. 2008. Kompetensi Plus. PT. Gramedia Pustaka Utama : Jakarta.
Iqbal, Hasan. 2002. Pokok Pokok Materi Metode Penelitian Dan Aplikasinya. Ghalia Indonesia : Jakarta.
John dan Jan Belleme. 2007. Japanese Foods That Heal. Tuttle Publishing : Tokyo.
Surnani, Nani Dan Johana, Jonjon. 2017. Eufimisme Dalam Bahasa Jepang. Prosodi : Bandung.
Rachmawati Rizka. Design Interior dan Desain Produk. Vol. 1 No. 1, April 2016.. Gaya Hidup Dan Restoran Jepang Studi Kasus pada Interior Restoran Sushi Bandung.
Rosliana, Lina. Izumi, Vol. 6 No. 2, 2017. Shoku Bunka : Warna Budaya dan Tradisi Dalam Makanan Jepang. e- ISSN: 2502-3535,p-ISSN: 2328-249X
Roza, Ilvan. Vol. 13.No. 1 tahun 2012. Ojigi Sebagai Alat Komunikasi. Fakultas Bahasa dan Seni Universitas Negeri Padang.
Masyhuri dan Zainuddin.2009. Metode Penelitian Pendekatan Praktis dan Aplikatif. Refika Aditama Bandung.
Matsuura, Kenje (1994). Nihongo Indonesiago Jiten. Kyoto : Kyoto Sangyoudaigaku Shuppankai.
Martono, Nanang. 2011. Metode Penelitian Kuantitatif. PT. Raya GrafindoPersada : Jkarta.
Mayang, Nandini. 2013. Efektivitas Permainan Sugoroku Dalam Meningkatkan Kosa Kata. UPI : Bandung.
Mizutani, Osamu. 1995. Nihonjijo Handobukku. Daishuukan Thoten : Tokyo.
Moeheriono. 2010. Pengukuran Kinerja Berbasis Kompetensi. Ghalia : Surabaya.
Moleong, L.J. 2012. Metodologi Penelitian Kualitatif Edisi Revisi. PT. Remaja Rosdakarya : Bandung.
Montanari, Massimo. 2006. Food is Culture. Columbia University Press : New York.
Monica Laoh dkk, Jurnal Hospitality dan Pariwisata Volume 3, Nomor 2, Juli 2016, hal 114 - 232, Pentingnya Penguasaan Bahasa Inggris Bagi Pramusaji : Manado
Nana, Syaodih, Sukmadinata. 2006. Metode Penelitian Pendidikan. Rosda : Bandung.
Ninemeier Dan Hayes. 2011. Restourant Operations Management : Principles And Practices. Pearson Prentce Hall : New Jersey.
Prastowo, Andi. 2012. Metode Penelitian Kualitatif Dalam Persektif Rancangan Penelitian. Ar-ruzzmedia : Yogyakarta.
Soekamto, Soerjono. 2012. Sosiologi Suatu Pengantar. Raja Grafindo : Jakarta.
Sumarsono. 2009. Sosiologi. SABDA : Yogyakarta.asaasar Linguistik bahasa Jepang.
Sutedi, Dedi. 2003. Dasar – Dasar Linguistik Bahasa Jepang. Humaniora : Bandung.
Sudjianto. 2007. Gramatika Bahasa Jepang Modern. Ksaint Blanc : Jakarta.
Sugiyono. 2009. Metode Penelitian Pendidikan. Pendekatan Kuantitatif, Kualitatif, dan R&D. Alfabeta : Bandung.
Suarthana. 2006. Manajemen Perhotelan. Mapindo : Kuta Utara.
Uning, Kuraesin. 2012. Aisatsu Dalam Pendidikan Bahasa Jepang. Seminar nasional Universitas Widyatama.
Sudarmanto. 2009. Kinerja Dan Pengembangan Kompetensi SDM. Teori Dimensi Pengukuran dan Implementasi Organisasi. Pustaka : Yogyakarta.
WA. Marsum. 2000. Restoran Dan segala Permasalahannya. Ringgio : Yogyakarta.
Zwell, Michael. 2000. Creating A Culture Competence. John Wiley : New York.
Copyright (c) 2020 International Journal of Sciences: Basic and Applied Research (IJSBAR)
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivatives 4.0 International License.
Authors who submit papers with this journal agree to the following terms:
- Authors retain copyright and grant the journal right of first publication with the work simultaneously licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution License that allows others to share the work with an acknowledgement of the work's authorship and initial publication in this journal.
- Authors are able to enter into separate, additional contractual arrangements for the non-exclusive distribution of the journal's published version of the work (e.g., post it to an institutional repository or publish it in a book), with an acknowledgement of its initial publication in this journal.
- Authors are permitted and encouraged to post their work online (e.g., in institutional repositories or on their website) prior to and during the submission process, as it can lead to productive exchanges, as well as earlier and greater citation of published work (See The Effect of Open Access).
- By submitting the processing fee, it is understood that the author has agreed to our terms and conditions which may change from time to time without any notice.
- It should be clear for authors that the Editor In Chief is responsible for the final decision about the submitted papers; have the right to accept\reject any paper. The Editor In Chief will choose any option from the following to review the submitted papers:A. send the paper to two reviewers, if the results were negative by one reviewer and positive by the other one; then the editor may send the paper for third reviewer or he take immediately the final decision by accepting\rejecting the paper. The Editor In Chief will ask the selected reviewers to present the results within 7 working days, if they were unable to complete the review within the agreed period then the editor have the right to resend the papers for new reviewers using the same procedure. If the Editor In Chief was not able to find suitable reviewers for certain papers then he have the right to accept\reject the paper.B. sends the paper to a selected editorial board member(s). C. the Editor In Chief himself evaluates the paper.
- Author will take the responsibility what so ever if any copyright infringement or any other violation of any law is done by publishing the research work by the author
- Before publishing, author must check whether this journal is accepted by his employer, or any authority he intends to submit his research work. we will not be responsible in this matter.
- If at any time, due to any legal reason, if the journal stops accepting manuscripts or could not publish already accepted manuscripts, we will have the right to cancel all or any one of the manuscripts without any compensation or returning back any kind of processing cost.
- The cost covered in the publication fees is only for online publication of a single manuscript.