Model of Empowerment Members of Farmers Group Based on Beef Cattle Business in Indonesia
AbstractThis study aims to investigate the profile of members of the livestock farmers group, supporting factors, obstacles, needs and determine the empowerment model through beef cattle breeding business. This research was conducted in Karanganyar Regency, Central Java Province, Indonesia. Sampling was done by convenience sampling of 62 respondents. The data collection through observation, interviews and Focus Group Discussion. The research data obtained were analyzed descriptively and needs analysis. The results showed that most of the respondents had low levels of education, the average occupation of the respondents were farmers and had side jobs as breeders. Supporting factors in this study are ownership status, involvement in social organization activities, availability and ease of access to educational facilities, transportation facilities, social networking, communication facilities, and health level. The inhibiting factors in this study are the level of formal education and the availability of production facilities. The important factors needed by group members are the level of formal education and the availability of production facilities. The empowerment model in this research is providing non-formal education facilities, providing training and assistance to the group member in the effort to develop beef cattle breeding business by utilizing existing agricultural resources. The conclusion that can be drawn from this research is the applied empowerment model is the integration of agricultural crops with livestock and collaboration with supporting institutions.
. Purnomo S.H., E.T. Rahayu dan S.B. Antoro. 2017. Strategi Pengembangan Peternakan Sapi Potong Rakyat Di Kecamatan Wuryantoro Kabupaten Wonogiri. Buletin Peternakan Vol. 41 (4): 1-11, November 2017.
. Saputro, P.D. 2013. Model Pemberdayaan Wanita Tani Ternak Dalam Usaha Penggemukan Sapi Perah Peranakan Friesian Holstein (PFH) Jantan Di Kecamatan Selo Kabupaten Boyolali. Skripsi. UNS. Surakarta Arsyad, 1999. Ekonomi Pembangunan. Sekolah Tinggi Ilmu Ekonomi YKPN. Yogyakarta.
. Sarma PK. 2014. An Agribusiness Development Approach of Beef Cattle In Selected Areas of Bangladesh. Journal of the Bangladesh Agricultural University. 12(2): 351-358. http://doi.org/bm9k.
. Scheer, Scott D; Graham R. Cochram; Amy H. dan Nick T.P. 2011. Competency Modeling in Extension Education: Integrating an Academic Extension Education Model with an Extension Human Resource Management Model. Journal of Agricultural Education, Volume 52, Nomor 3 Tahun 2011. Hal : 64 – 74.
. Irawati D.A., R. Karsidi, W. Muktiyo, S.H. Purnomo, 2018. The Collaboration Pattern and Strategy Integration in Community Empowerment in Husbandry Vocational Private College. International Journal of Sciences: Basic and Applied Research (IJSBAR) (2018) Volume 37, No 2, pp 288-297
. Wrihatnolo, R.R., dan R.N, Dwidjowijoto. 2007. Manajemen Pemberdayaan. Sebuah Pengantar dan Panduan Untuk Pemberdayaan Masyarakat. Gramedia. Jakarta.
. Arsyad, 1999. Ekonomi Pembangunan. Sekolah Tinggi Ilmu Ekonomi YKPN. Yogyakarta.
. Suharsih. 1998. Analisis Finansial Usaha Sapi Perah Kredit Bantuan Perusahaan Listrik Negara. Skripsi. Fakultas Peternakan Universitas Gajah Mada. Yogyakarta.
. Nurcahya. 2009. Perbedaan Peran Wanita Tani dalam Kegiatan Usaha Tani Padi Sawah di Kecamatan Ladongi Kabupaten Kolaka. Universitas Muhamnadiyah Kendari Press. Kendari.
. Suminah. 2009. Studi Pemberdayaan Wanita Tani dalam Usaha Tani Ternak Sapi Melalui Program Sapta Usaha Peternakan di Kabupaten Grobogan. Caraka Tani XXIV No 2. Universitas Sebelas Maret. Surakarta.
. Swastha dan Sukotjo. 1999. Pengantar Bisnis Modern. Liberty. Yogyakarta.
. Matitaputy, P.R. 2006. Kebijakan Pengembangan Crop Livestock System (CLS). http://www.budidaya-peternakan (Diakses tanggal 21 November 2009).
Copyright (c) 2020 International Journal of Sciences: Basic and Applied Research (IJSBAR)
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivatives 4.0 International License.
Authors who submit papers with this journal agree to the following terms:
- Authors retain copyright and grant the journal right of first publication with the work simultaneously licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution License that allows others to share the work with an acknowledgement of the work's authorship and initial publication in this journal.
- Authors are able to enter into separate, additional contractual arrangements for the non-exclusive distribution of the journal's published version of the work (e.g., post it to an institutional repository or publish it in a book), with an acknowledgement of its initial publication in this journal.
- Authors are permitted and encouraged to post their work online (e.g., in institutional repositories or on their website) prior to and during the submission process, as it can lead to productive exchanges, as well as earlier and greater citation of published work (See The Effect of Open Access).
- By submitting the processing fee, it is understood that the author has agreed to our terms and conditions which may change from time to time without any notice.
- It should be clear for authors that the Editor In Chief is responsible for the final decision about the submitted papers; have the right to accept\reject any paper. The Editor In Chief will choose any option from the following to review the submitted papers:A. send the paper to two reviewers, if the results were negative by one reviewer and positive by the other one; then the editor may send the paper for third reviewer or he take immediately the final decision by accepting\rejecting the paper. The Editor In Chief will ask the selected reviewers to present the results within 7 working days, if they were unable to complete the review within the agreed period then the editor have the right to resend the papers for new reviewers using the same procedure. If the Editor In Chief was not able to find suitable reviewers for certain papers then he have the right to accept\reject the paper.B. sends the paper to a selected editorial board member(s). C. the Editor In Chief himself evaluates the paper.
- Author will take the responsibility what so ever if any copyright infringement or any other violation of any law is done by publishing the research work by the author
- Before publishing, author must check whether this journal is accepted by his employer, or any authority he intends to submit his research work. we will not be responsible in this matter.
- If at any time, due to any legal reason, if the journal stops accepting manuscripts or could not publish already accepted manuscripts, we will have the right to cancel all or any one of the manuscripts without any compensation or returning back any kind of processing cost.
- The cost covered in the publication fees is only for online publication of a single manuscript.