Determination of Keystone Species that Influences the Diversity of Birds Species in the Land of Reclamation and Revegetation of Post-Coal Mining
AbstractRestoration of biodiversity is one of the successful assessments in the ecological restoration efforts on reclamation and revegetation land. The objective of this study is to determine the relationship between fauna diversity and role of vegetation as a producer. The selected fauna included bird species and the selected vegetation included the fast growing plant of revegetation as well as the lower vegetation growing among the staple crops. The analysis used was DCCA for sub-factor of bird species, shrub species and vegetation role clusters as fauna food producers. The result of the analysis shows that the highest Index Shannon in H4 (Sengon-rambutan) habitat and in H9 habitat (Oil Palm) is 2.33, while the lowest index is in H1 that is only one bird species. The species richness from the lowest to the highest is in H1 (Akasia-plantan [-]), H10 (Ponds [0.6]), H5 (Trembesi-johar [0.86]), H6 (Karamunting-shrubs [0.95]), H11 (Fern-Rice [1.36]), H7 (Sengon-karamunting [1.85]), H2 (Akasia-karamunting [1.94]), H8 (Rubber [2.01]), H9 (Oil Palm [ 2.30]), and H4 (Sengon-rambutan [2.33]). H6 and H11 have a better visible kind of richness than the P3 & P8 factors. H5 is more closely influenced by P2 factor. H2, H7 and H9 are strongly influenced by P6 and P7, H8 and H3 are strongly influenced by P4 and are weakly affected by P2 and P1. H4 is strongly influenced by P1 and less influenced by P4.
Buehler, D.A., M.J. Welton, T.A. Beachy.
Darwin. Tropical Nature and Other Essays. on Tropical Nature, and other essay. ed: Wallace, A. R., 1878, pp. 353
Ngatiman & M. Budiono. Jenis-jenis gulma pada hutan tanaman dipterokarpa di Kalimantan Timur. Dinas Kehutanan Kalimantan Timur, Bogor, 2007, pp. 103.
Mackinnon, J., K. Phillipps, B. van Ballen. Burung-burung di Sumatera, Jawa, Bali dan Kalimantan. Birdlife International, 1992, pp. 400.
Ter Braak, C.J.F. & P. Smilauer. Canoco reference manual and user
Krebs, C.J. 1989.
Batary, P., S. Fronczek, C. Normann, C. Scherber, T. Tscharntke.
Singh, R., D.N. Kour, F. Ahmad, D.N. Sahi.
Terborgh, J. Habitat selection in Amazonian birds. In: Cody, M.L. (Ed.), Habitat Selection in Birds. Academic Press, Inc., Orlando, 1985, pp. 311
Peh, K.S.H., J. de Jong, N.S. Sodhi, S.L.H. Lim, C.A.M. Yap.
Edwards, D.P., F.A Ansell, A.H. Ahmad, R. Nilus, K.C. Hamer.
Sheldon, F.H., A.R. Styring, P.A. Hosner.
Mitra, S. & F.H. Sheldon.
Kuusipalo, J., G. Adjers, Y. Jafarsidik, A. Otsamo, K. Tuomela, R. Vuokko.
Zakaria, M. & M. Nordin.
Odum, E.P., 1969. Strategy of ecosystem development. Science. pp. 164-262.
Authors who submit papers with this journal agree to the following terms:
- Authors retain copyright and grant the journal right of first publication with the work simultaneously licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution License that allows others to share the work with an acknowledgement of the work's authorship and initial publication in this journal.
- Authors are able to enter into separate, additional contractual arrangements for the non-exclusive distribution of the journal's published version of the work (e.g., post it to an institutional repository or publish it in a book), with an acknowledgement of its initial publication in this journal.
- Authors are permitted and encouraged to post their work online (e.g., in institutional repositories or on their website) prior to and during the submission process, as it can lead to productive exchanges, as well as earlier and greater citation of published work (See The Effect of Open Access).
- By submitting the processing fee, it is understood that the author has agreed to our terms and conditions which may change from time to time without any notice.
- It should be clear for authors that the Editor In Chief is responsible for the final decision about the submitted papers; have the right to accept\reject any paper. The Editor In Chief will choose any option from the following to review the submitted papers:A. send the paper to two reviewers, if the results were negative by one reviewer and positive by the other one; then the editor may send the paper for third reviewer or he take immediately the final decision by accepting\rejecting the paper. The Editor In Chief will ask the selected reviewers to present the results within 7 working days, if they were unable to complete the review within the agreed period then the editor have the right to resend the papers for new reviewers using the same procedure. If the Editor In Chief was not able to find suitable reviewers for certain papers then he have the right to accept\reject the paper.B. sends the paper to a selected editorial board member(s). C. the Editor In Chief himself evaluates the paper.
- Author will take the responsibility what so ever if any copyright infringement or any other violation of any law is done by publishing the research work by the author
- Before publishing, author must check whether this journal is accepted by his employer, or any authority he intends to submit his research work. we will not be responsible in this matter.
- If at any time, due to any legal reason, if the journal stops accepting manuscripts or could not publish already accepted manuscripts, we will have the right to cancel all or any one of the manuscripts without any compensation or returning back any kind of processing cost.
- The cost covered in the publication fees is only for online publication of a single manuscript.