A Novel Synthesis of Cefuroxime from 7-amino Cephalosporanic Acid (7-ACA)
AbstractCefuroxime, a second-generation cephalosporin antibiotic, was synthesized from 7-amino cephalosporinic acid (7-ACA) and (Z)-2-methoxyimino-2-(furyl-2-yl) acetic acid ammonium salt (SMIA) as starting materials. The total yield of cefuroxime synthesized via the 4-step scheme was 42%. The novel feature of this study was the use of oxalyl chloride activating reagent which replaced phosphoryl chloride in the activation of SMIA. The result showed that the yield was 90% in the reaction time of 1.5 hours. Especially, this synthesis can be considered as a green process because the waste water only contained NH4Cl, CO and CO2 non-toxic compounds.
. Decision No. 418 / QD-TTg of the Prime Minister on the strategy for development of the pharmaceutical industry in the 2000-2020 period.
. P.B. Deshpant, P.N. Deshpande, B.P. Khadangale. Process for the preparation of cefuroxime sodium. U. S. Paten. 0092735 A1. 2004.
. S.K. Singh, R.P. Tiwari, P. Jain. A novel and efficient synthesis of (6R,7R)-7-Amino-3-hydroxymethyl Cephalosporin Acid: A Versatile Precursor or Cefuroxime Acid. Synthetic Communication. 2003. 33(14). 2475-2482.
. L. Xue, C. Liu, S. Li, C. Wang. A method for preparation of Cefuroxime acid with high purity. Patent Information. CN 102134252 A. 2011.
. H. Wang. Method for preparation of Cefuroxime acid. Patent Information. CN 102093390 A. 2011.
. A. Liao. Cefuroxim axetil microsphere solid preparation with improved dissolution rate and stability, and its preparation method. Patent Information. CN 102091044A. 2011.
. W. Cabri, E. Siviero, P.L. Daverio. Process for the synthesis of beta-lactam derivatives. U. S. Patent. 6,642,378 B1. 2003.
. M. Tuyen. Chemistry of antimicrobial and antiseptic active compounds. NXB. Science and technology. Hanoi. 2007.
. Vietnam Pharmaceutical Standard IV. NXB Medical. Hanoi. 2010.
Authors who submit papers with this journal agree to the following terms:
- Authors retain copyright and grant the journal right of first publication with the work simultaneously licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution License that allows others to share the work with an acknowledgement of the work's authorship and initial publication in this journal.
- Authors are able to enter into separate, additional contractual arrangements for the non-exclusive distribution of the journal's published version of the work (e.g., post it to an institutional repository or publish it in a book), with an acknowledgement of its initial publication in this journal.
- Authors are permitted and encouraged to post their work online (e.g., in institutional repositories or on their website) prior to and during the submission process, as it can lead to productive exchanges, as well as earlier and greater citation of published work (See The Effect of Open Access).
- By submitting the processing fee, it is understood that the author has agreed to our terms and conditions which may change from time to time without any notice.
- It should be clear for authors that the Editor In Chief is responsible for the final decision about the submitted papers; have the right to accept\reject any paper. The Editor In Chief will choose any option from the following to review the submitted papers:A. send the paper to two reviewers, if the results were negative by one reviewer and positive by the other one; then the editor may send the paper for third reviewer or he take immediately the final decision by accepting\rejecting the paper. The Editor In Chief will ask the selected reviewers to present the results within 7 working days, if they were unable to complete the review within the agreed period then the editor have the right to resend the papers for new reviewers using the same procedure. If the Editor In Chief was not able to find suitable reviewers for certain papers then he have the right to accept\reject the paper.B. sends the paper to a selected editorial board member(s). C. the Editor In Chief himself evaluates the paper.
- Author will take the responsibility what so ever if any copyright infringement or any other violation of any law is done by publishing the research work by the author
- Before publishing, author must check whether this journal is accepted by his employer, or any authority he intends to submit his research work. we will not be responsible in this matter.
- If at any time, due to any legal reason, if the journal stops accepting manuscripts or could not publish already accepted manuscripts, we will have the right to cancel all or any one of the manuscripts without any compensation or returning back any kind of processing cost.
- The cost covered in the publication fees is only for online publication of a single manuscript.