Motivation and Modified Commitment Effect of Internal Control System and Participation of Budgeting Preparation on Individual Performance
AbstractThe study aims to obtain empirical evidence on the influence of internal control systems and participation in budgeting on individual performance with motivation and commitment as a moderator. The location of the research was conducted at 30 Regional Device Organizations (OPD) of Bangli Regency collected through questionnaires. The number of samples used was 60 employees determined by non-probability sampling method. This study was tested using moderation regression analysis. The results stated that the government's internal control system and participation in budgeting have no effect on individual performance. The results also show that work motivation cannot moderate the influence of government internal control system on individual performance, but can strengthen the influence of participation in budgeting on individual performance, then organizational commitment cannot moderate the influence of government internal control system and participation in budgeting on individual performance.
Harsasto, Priyatno. (2013.) Management and Measurement of Government Performance. E-journals. Diponegoro University.
Adewale, Odunayo Hendry. (2014). Internal Control System: A Managerial Tool For Proper Accountability A Case Study of Nigeria Customs Service. European Scientific Journal. 10(13).
Putri, Gustika Yolanda. (2013.) The Influence of Organizational Commitment and Government Intren Control System (SPIP) to Managerial Performance SKPD (Empirical Study at Padang City Device Work Unit). National Symposium on Accounting. State University of Padang.
Tresnawati, Rina. (2012). Effect of Effectiveness of Internal Control To The Performance Of Regional Agencies In Local Revenue Of Bandung City. Proceedings of the National Seminar. University Widyatama.
Shodiq, M. J. (2001). Influence of Control System on Financial Performance: Fit Test Versus Internal Consistency Test. Thesis. Diponegoro University.
Boritz, E., dan Jee H. L. (2007). Control Weaknesses, IT Governance and Firm Performance. Paper. University of Waterloo.
Santoso, Eli Budi. (2016). Influence of Government Internal Control System, Utilization of Information Technology and Human Resource Competence to Regional Financial Accountability. Thesis. University of Lampung.
Afrida, Nur. (2013). Effect of Decentralization and Government Internal Control System on Managerial Performance SKPD (Empirical Study on Padang City Government). Journal of the Faculty of Economics. State University of Padang.
Nursidin, M. (2008). The Influence of Participatory Budget on Managerial Performance Through Budgetary Gap and Working Motivation of PT. (Persero) Pelabuhan Indonesia - Medan. Thesis. Graduate School of University of North Sumatra.
Ermawati, Nanik. (2012). The Influence of Budgetary Participation on Managerial Performance: Organizational Commitment and Innovation Perception as Intervening Variable (Case Study At SKPD Kabupaten Pati). Thesis. University of Diponegoro Semarang.
Hikmah, (2015). Effect of Budgetary Participation on Managerial Performance With Motivation as Moderating Variable (Case Study of Private Higher Education in Semarang City). Journal of Media Economics and Management. Vol 30 No. 2. Faculty of Economics and Business UNTAG Semarang.
Nasir, A., and Oktari, R. (2013). Effect of Information Technology Utilization and Internal Control on Government Agency Performance (Study On Regional Device Unit of Kabupaten Kampar). Journal of Economics.
Atmadja, Ananta Wikrama Tungga, Ni Kadek Novianti, and Gede Adi Yuniarta. (2014). Influence of Independence, Motivation, Work Experience and Professional Expertise of Supervisory Agency on the Effectiveness of Implementation of Internal Control of Village Credit Institution (LPD) in Kecamatan Kuta Selatan Badung Regency. Accounting journal. Ganesha University of Education. 2 (1).
Wijaya, Widi Angga, Rina Arifati and Agus Suprijanto. (2016). Effect Analysis of Independence, Motivation, Work Experience, Professionalism, and Leadership Style on the Effectiveness of Implementation of Internal Control System. Accounting journal. University of Pandanaran Semarang. 2 (2).
Adrianto, Y. (2008). Analysis of the Effect of Budgetary Participation on Managerial Performance With Job Satisfaction, Job Relevant Information And Job Satisfaction As Moderating Variables. Thesis. Diponegoro University Postgraduate Program.
Aisyah Siti Nur, Sutisno, Erwin Saraswati. (2017). The Effect of Participatory Budgets on The Performance of School (Studies in Smk Sumbawa). Journal of Accounting and Business Education, 1 (2), March 2017.
Ramandei, P. (2009). Influence Characteristics of Budget Goals and Internal Control Systems Against Managerial Performance of Local Government Apparatus (Empirical Study at Work Unit of City of Jayapura). Postgraduate Program Master of Accounting, Diponegoro University Semarang.
Sardjito, Bambang and Muthaher, Osmad. (2007). The Effect of Budgetary Participation Participation on Local Government Apparatus Performance: Organizational Culture and Organizational Commitment as Moderating Variables. Presented at the National Symposium on Accounting (SNA) X. Makasar, 26-28 July 2007.
Sugiyono. (2014). Business Research Methods. Bandung: Alfabeta.
Authors who submit papers with this journal agree to the following terms:
- Authors retain copyright and grant the journal right of first publication with the work simultaneously licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution License that allows others to share the work with an acknowledgement of the work's authorship and initial publication in this journal.
- Authors are able to enter into separate, additional contractual arrangements for the non-exclusive distribution of the journal's published version of the work (e.g., post it to an institutional repository or publish it in a book), with an acknowledgement of its initial publication in this journal.
- Authors are permitted and encouraged to post their work online (e.g., in institutional repositories or on their website) prior to and during the submission process, as it can lead to productive exchanges, as well as earlier and greater citation of published work (See The Effect of Open Access).
- By submitting the processing fee, it is understood that the author has agreed to our terms and conditions which may change from time to time without any notice.
- It should be clear for authors that the Editor In Chief is responsible for the final decision about the submitted papers; have the right to accept\reject any paper. The Editor In Chief will choose any option from the following to review the submitted papers:A. send the paper to two reviewers, if the results were negative by one reviewer and positive by the other one; then the editor may send the paper for third reviewer or he take immediately the final decision by accepting\rejecting the paper. The Editor In Chief will ask the selected reviewers to present the results within 7 working days, if they were unable to complete the review within the agreed period then the editor have the right to resend the papers for new reviewers using the same procedure. If the Editor In Chief was not able to find suitable reviewers for certain papers then he have the right to accept\reject the paper.B. sends the paper to a selected editorial board member(s). C. the Editor In Chief himself evaluates the paper.
- Author will take the responsibility what so ever if any copyright infringement or any other violation of any law is done by publishing the research work by the author
- Before publishing, author must check whether this journal is accepted by his employer, or any authority he intends to submit his research work. we will not be responsible in this matter.
- If at any time, due to any legal reason, if the journal stops accepting manuscripts or could not publish already accepted manuscripts, we will have the right to cancel all or any one of the manuscripts without any compensation or returning back any kind of processing cost.
- The cost covered in the publication fees is only for online publication of a single manuscript.