Intervention of Sustainability Report Disclosure toward the Effect of Good Corporate Governance on Financial Performance
AbstractThis study aims to examine intervention of sustainability report disclosure toward the effect of good corporate governance on company’s financial performance. The company's financial performance is well illustrated with a high level of profit achievement. By implementing good corporate governance, the company's financial performance will tend to increase. The company also needs to disclose the sustainability report. Sustainability report disclosure is a logical consequence of the implementation principles of Good Corporate Governance (GCG). The GCG in this study was measured by the size of the board of commissioners, the proportion of independent commissioners, and size of the audit committee; sustainability report disclosure was measured by SRDI; and financial performance was measured by the ratio of net profit margin. The population of this study was mining companies listed on the Indonesia Stock Exchange during the period 2013-2016. The sample determination method uses purposive sampling. The analysis technique used is path analysis. The results of this study indicate that the size of the board of commissioners has no effect on sustainability report disclosure and the company’s financial performance, the proportion of independent commissioners and the size of the audit committee has a positive effect on sustainability report disclosure and the company’s financial performance. Sustainability report disclosure does not mediate the effect of the size of the board of commissioners on the company's financial performance, but sustainability report disclosure mediates the effect of the proportion of independent commissioners and the size of audit committee on the company's financial performance.
E. F. Brigham., H. Joel F. Manajemen Keuangan Edisi Kedelapan Buku 2. Jakarta: Erlangga, 2002.
N. Wulandari. “Pengaruh Indikator Mekanisme Corporate Governance Terhadap Kinerja Perusahaan Publik Di Indonesia.” Jurnal Fokus Ekonomi, vol.1, pp.120-136, 2006.
M. S. Beasley. “An Empirical Analysis Of The Relation Between The Board Of Director Composition And Financial Statement Fraud.” The Accounting Review, vol.71, pp.443–465, 1996.
A. Aziz. “Analisis Pengaruh Good Corporate Governance (Gcg) Terhadap Kualitas Pengungkapan Sustainability Report (Studi Empiris Pada Perusahaan Di Indonesia Periode Tahun 2011-2012.” Jurnal Audit dan Akuntansi Fakultas Ekonomi Universitas Tanjungpura, vol.3, pp.65–84, 2014.
I. Wibowo., S. A. Faradiza. “Dampak Pengungkapan Sustainability Report Terhadap Kinerja Keuanganan Kinerja Pasar Perusahaan.” Simposium Nasional Akuntansi XVII Mataram, 2012.
M. C. Jensen., W. H. Meckling. “Theory of The Firm: Managerial Behavior, Agency Costs and Ownership Structure.” Journal of Financial Economics, vol.3, pp.305-360, 1976.
M. Moeinaddin., M. Kariminanrad. “The Relationship Between Corporate Governance And Finance Patterns Of The Listed Companies.” Interdisciplinary Journal Of Contemporary Research In Business, vol.4, pp. 489–500, 2012.
E.R. Freeman. Strategic Management, A Stakeholder Approach. Massachusetts: Pitman Publishing Inc., 1984.
I. Ghozali., A. Chariri. Teori Akuntansi. Semarang: Badan Penerbit Universitas Diponegoro, 2007.
A. Daniri. Konsep Good Corporate Governance dan Penerapannya dalam Konteks Indonesia. Jakarta: Ray Indonesia, 2005.
I. Surya., I. Yustiavandana. Penerapan Good Corporate Governance (Mengesampingkan Hak-Hak Istimewa demi Kelangsungan Usaha). Jakarta: KENCANA, 2008.
J. Elkington. Cannibals with Forks: The Triple Bottom Line of 21st Century Business. Business Oxford: Capstone Publishing Ltd., 1997.
Kasmir. Analisis Laporan Keuangan. Jakarta: Raja Grafindo Persada, 2012.
Darsono., Ashari. Pedoman Praktis Memahami Laporan Keuangan. Yogyakarta: ANDI, 2005.
A. Badjuri. “Faktor-Faktor Fundamental, Mekanisme Corporate Governance, Pengungkapan Corporate Social Responsibility (CSR) Perusahaan Manufaktur dan Sumber Daya Alam Di Indonesia.” Dinamika Keuangan dan Perbankan, vol.3, pp.38–54, 2011.
F. Oemar. “Pengaruh Corporate Governance dan Keputusan Pendanaan Perusahaan Terhadap Kinerja Profitabilitas dan Implikasinya Terhadap Harga Saham.” Jurnal Ilmiah Ekonomi dan Bisnis, vol.11, pp.369-402, 2014.
P. I. Nugroho., I. S. Arjowo. “The Effects Of Sustainability Report Disclosure Towards Financial Performance.” International Journal of Business and Management Studies, vol.3, pp.225–239, 2014.
M. A. Tertius., Y. J. Christiawan. “Pengaruh Good Corporate Governance Terhadap Kinerja Perusahaan Pada Sektor Keuangan”. Business Accounting Review, vol.3, pp.223–232, 2015.
H. S. Widiawati. “Pengaruh Corporate Governance Terhadap Kinerja Keuangan (Studi Empiris Pada Perbankan di Bursa Efek Indonesia).” Thesis, Universitas Sebelas Maret, Surakarta, 2011.
D. Yulianingtyas., Andayani. “Pengaruh Corporate Social Responsibility Dan Good Corporate Governance Terhadap Kinerja Keuangan.” Jurnal Ilmu Dan Riset Manajemen, vol.5, 2016.
S. Lukas., B. Basuki. “The Implementation Of Good Corporate Governance And Its Impact On The Financial Performance Of Banking Industry Listed In IDX.” The International Journal of Accounting and Business Society, vol.23, 2015.
E. F. Fama., M. C. Jensen. “Separation Of Ownership And Control.” Journal Of Law And Economics, vol.26, pp.301–325, 1983.
A. R. C. Santoso. “Pengaruh Corporate Governance Dan Strategi Perusahaan Terhadap Kinerja Perusahaan Keluarga Di Indonesia.” Thesis, Universitas Islam Indonesia, Yogyakarta, 2017.
F. Mulyasari., A. K. Djaelanii., M. A. Salim. “Pengaruh Mekanisme Good Corporate Governance Terhadap Kinerja Keuangan Perusahaan (Studi Pada Perusahaan Food and Beverage Yang Terdaftar Di Bursa Efek Indonesia Periode 2013-2015).” E-Jurnal Riset Manajemen, pp.139–153, 2016.
R. C. Anderson., S. A. Mansi., D. M. Reeb. “Board Characteristics, Accounting Report Integrity, And The Cost Of Debt.” Journal of Accounting and Economics, vol.37, pp.315–342, 2004.
A. W. Awan., J. A. Jamali. “Impact Of Corporate Governance On Financial Performance: Karachi Stock Exchange, Pakistan.” Business and Economic Research, vol.6, pp.401, 2016.
D. Aliniar., S. Wahyuni. “Pengaruh Mekanisme Good Corporate Governance (GCG) Dan Ukuran Perusahaan Terhadap Kualitas Pengungkapan Sustainability Report Pada Perusahaan Terdaftar Di BEI.” Jurnal Ilmiah Akuntansi Kompartemen, vol.15, 2017.
A. Sukasih., E. Sugiyanto. “Pengaruh Struktur Good Corporate Governance Dan Kinerja Lingkungan Terhadap Pengungkapan Corporate Social Responsibility (Studi Pada Perusahaan Manufaktur Di Bursa Efek Indonesia Periode 2011-2015).” Jurnal Riset Akuntansi Dan Keuangan Indonesia, vol.2, 2017.
R. Djazilah., Kurnia. “Pengaruh Mekanisme GCG Dan Pengungkapan CSR Terhadap Kinerja Keuangan.” Jurnal Ilmu Dan Riset Akuntansi, vol.5, pp.1–19, 2016.
A. Nurkhin. “Corporate Governance Dan Profitabilitas: Pengaruhnya Terhadap Pengungkapan Tanggung Jawab Sosial Perusahaan.” Thesis, Universitas Diponegoro, Semarang, 2009.
S. F. Z., Makhdalena., T. Fenny. “Pengaruh Komisaris Independen Dan Komite Audit Terhadap Pengungkapan Corporate Social Responsibility Perusahaan Pertambangan Di Bursa Efek Indonesia Periode 2012 s.d 2014.” Jurnal Fakultas Keguruan dan Ilmu Pendidikan Universitas Riau, pp.1–11, 2015.
R.M. Haniffa., T. E. Cooke. “Culture, Corporate Governance and Disclosure in Malaysian Corporation.” A Journal of Accounting Finance and Business Studies (ABACUS), vol.38, 2002.
R. Aniktia., M. Khafid. “Pengaruh Mekanisme Good Corporate Governance Dan Kinerja Keuangan Terhadap Pengungkapan Sustainability Report.” Accounting Analysis Journal, vol.4, 2015.
R. M. M. Siregar., D. Priantinah. “Pengaruh Good Corporate Governance Dan Kepemilikan Saham Publik Terhadap Tingkat Pengungkapan Corporate Social Responsibility.” Jurnal Profita, vol.40, pp. 1–18, 2017.
P. Collier., A. Gregory. “Audit Committee Activity and Agency Costs.” Journal of Accounting and Public Policy, vol.18, pp.311–332, 1999.
J.J. Forker. “Corporate Governance and Disclosure Quality.” Accounting and Business Research, vol.22, pp.111-124, 1992.
Y. Rizal., Kamaliyah., R. Agusti. “Pengaruh Corporate Social Responsibility terhadap Kinerja Keuangan dengan Leverage dan Ukuran Perusahaan sebagai Variabel Kontrol.” Jurnal Akuntansi, vol.5, pp.145–158, 2017.
E. Luthan., S. A. Rizki., S. D. Edmawati. “Pengaruh Pengungkapan Tanggung Jawab Sosial Perusahaan Terhadap Kinerja Keuangan.” Jurnal Ekonomi Dan Keuangan, vol.80, pp.204–219, 2017.
H.Y. Lin., N. Amin. “The Relationship Between Corporate Social Performance And Financial Performance: Evidence From Indonesia and Taiwan.” European Journal of Business and Social Science, vol.5, pp.50–62, 2016.
E. B. Amacha., O. Dastane. “Sustainability Practices As Determinants Of Financial Performance: A Case of Malaysian Corporations.” The Journal of Asian Finance, Economics and Business, vol.4, pp.55–68, 2017.
K. E. C. Dewi., I. P. Sudana. “Sustainability Reporting Dan Profitabilitas (Studi Pada Pemenang Indonesian Sustainability Reporting Awards).” E-Jurnal Akuntansi Universitas Udayana, vol.12, pp.623–640, 2015.
N. M. W. Apriyanti., I. G. A. Budiasih. “Profitabilitas dan Corporate Social Responsibility pada Perusahaan High dan Low Profile.” E-Jurnal Akuntansi Universitas Udayana, vol.14, pp.977–1004, 2016.
Authors who submit papers with this journal agree to the following terms:
- Authors retain copyright and grant the journal right of first publication with the work simultaneously licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution License that allows others to share the work with an acknowledgement of the work's authorship and initial publication in this journal.
- Authors are able to enter into separate, additional contractual arrangements for the non-exclusive distribution of the journal's published version of the work (e.g., post it to an institutional repository or publish it in a book), with an acknowledgement of its initial publication in this journal.
- Authors are permitted and encouraged to post their work online (e.g., in institutional repositories or on their website) prior to and during the submission process, as it can lead to productive exchanges, as well as earlier and greater citation of published work (See The Effect of Open Access).
- By submitting the processing fee, it is understood that the author has agreed to our terms and conditions which may change from time to time without any notice.
- It should be clear for authors that the Editor In Chief is responsible for the final decision about the submitted papers; have the right to accept\reject any paper. The Editor In Chief will choose any option from the following to review the submitted papers:A. send the paper to two reviewers, if the results were negative by one reviewer and positive by the other one; then the editor may send the paper for third reviewer or he take immediately the final decision by accepting\rejecting the paper. The Editor In Chief will ask the selected reviewers to present the results within 7 working days, if they were unable to complete the review within the agreed period then the editor have the right to resend the papers for new reviewers using the same procedure. If the Editor In Chief was not able to find suitable reviewers for certain papers then he have the right to accept\reject the paper.B. sends the paper to a selected editorial board member(s). C. the Editor In Chief himself evaluates the paper.
- Author will take the responsibility what so ever if any copyright infringement or any other violation of any law is done by publishing the research work by the author
- Before publishing, author must check whether this journal is accepted by his employer, or any authority he intends to submit his research work. we will not be responsible in this matter.
- If at any time, due to any legal reason, if the journal stops accepting manuscripts or could not publish already accepted manuscripts, we will have the right to cancel all or any one of the manuscripts without any compensation or returning back any kind of processing cost.
- The cost covered in the publication fees is only for online publication of a single manuscript.