Research Based Mathematics Problem Solving and Proving skills Competences
AbstractResearch findings indicate that addressing problem solving and proving activities each day in the class would affect the thinking and reasoning skills of the students. We discovered that the students became more adept at mathematics problem solving and proving mathematical statements as they practiced various types of mathematical problems and mathematical statements. We also discovered that students worked more diligently on problems of interest to them. Also, some problems are better solved individually, and some are more geared as a group activity. We also proved that they develop the expected skills competences as they practices solving various mathematics problems and proving various mathematical statements.
. AGIZEW, Kassahun Tesfaye et al. Constraints of Students’ Mathematical Problem Solving and Proving Skill Competences, the Case of Four preparatory Schools in Guraghe Zone. International Journal of Sciences: Basic and Applied Research (IJSBAR), [S.l.], v. 40, n. 2, p. 18-29, Aug. 2018. ISSN 2307- 4531. Available at:
<http://gssrr.org/index.php?journal=JournalOfBasicAndApplied&page=article&op=view&path%5B%5D=8956>. Date accessed: 25 Aug. 2018.
. Florida Department of Education, (2010). Classroom Cognitive and Meta-Cognitive Strategies for Teachers: Research-Based strategies for problem solving in Mathematics K-12, 1, 4.
. Professor Frank Lester, Indiana, USA, (1987). Teaching mathematical problem solving, 34, 35 - 42.
. Riasat Ali, Khan Anwar, Dr. Hukam Dad (2010). Effect of using Problem Solving Method in Teaching on the Achievement of Mathematics Students, 68 - 69.
Authors who submit papers with this journal agree to the following terms:
- Authors retain copyright and grant the journal right of first publication with the work simultaneously licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution License that allows others to share the work with an acknowledgement of the work's authorship and initial publication in this journal.
- Authors are able to enter into separate, additional contractual arrangements for the non-exclusive distribution of the journal's published version of the work (e.g., post it to an institutional repository or publish it in a book), with an acknowledgement of its initial publication in this journal.
- Authors are permitted and encouraged to post their work online (e.g., in institutional repositories or on their website) prior to and during the submission process, as it can lead to productive exchanges, as well as earlier and greater citation of published work (See The Effect of Open Access).
- By submitting the processing fee, it is understood that the author has agreed to our terms and conditions which may change from time to time without any notice.
- It should be clear for authors that the Editor In Chief is responsible for the final decision about the submitted papers; have the right to accept\reject any paper. The Editor In Chief will choose any option from the following to review the submitted papers:A. send the paper to two reviewers, if the results were negative by one reviewer and positive by the other one; then the editor may send the paper for third reviewer or he take immediately the final decision by accepting\rejecting the paper. The Editor In Chief will ask the selected reviewers to present the results within 7 working days, if they were unable to complete the review within the agreed period then the editor have the right to resend the papers for new reviewers using the same procedure. If the Editor In Chief was not able to find suitable reviewers for certain papers then he have the right to accept\reject the paper.B. sends the paper to a selected editorial board member(s). C. the Editor In Chief himself evaluates the paper.
- Author will take the responsibility what so ever if any copyright infringement or any other violation of any law is done by publishing the research work by the author
- Before publishing, author must check whether this journal is accepted by his employer, or any authority he intends to submit his research work. we will not be responsible in this matter.
- If at any time, due to any legal reason, if the journal stops accepting manuscripts or could not publish already accepted manuscripts, we will have the right to cancel all or any one of the manuscripts without any compensation or returning back any kind of processing cost.
- The cost covered in the publication fees is only for online publication of a single manuscript.