Optimization of Planting Range and Seed Age Toward the Growth and Production Rice Paddy (Oryza Sativa L.)
AbstractThis research is based on field experiment, it was conducted in Purwodadi village, Padangsidimpuan Batunadua, Padangsidimpuan, North Sumatera from July up to October 2017. The aim of this research was to obtain the most optimal of planting range and seeds age toward the growth and production of rice paddy. This experiment used Randomized Block Design (RBD) with factorial pattern which was done by three repetitions. The first factor was planting range with four steps that consist of comparison 2:1 (20 x 10 x 40 cm), comparison 3:1 (20 x 10 x 40 cm), 20 x 20 cm, 30 x 30 cm. The second was seeds age with 14 days experiment after sowing, 21 days after sowing, 28 days after sowing. The result of the research showed that there was interaction between the treatment of planting range 30 x 30 cm and seed age in 21 days after sowing on plant potential production. It is 13.58 ton/ha. The comparison of planting range 30 x 30 gave better result toward the number of seedlings, planting height, and plant potential production 13,58 ton/ha.The age of the seed in 28 days after sowing gave higher result toward the index of leaf area, assimilation net rate, planting growth rate, planting height, the number of seedlings, the number of grain per panicle and the weight of 1000 rice paddy. While the treatment of 21 days seeds age after sowing gave result in plant potential production (ton/ha).
BPS. 2016. Berita Resmi Statistik No. 26/03/Th. XIX, 01 Maret 2016.
Kementerian Pertanian 2016. Laporan Tahunan Kementerian Pertanian. Jakarta.
BPS. 2016. Produksi padi nasional. Badan Pusat Statistik, PemProv.Sumut.
Pramono, J., S. Basuki dan Widarto. 2005. Upaya Peningkatan Produktivitas Padi Sawah Melalui Pendekatan Pengelolaan Tanaman dan Sumberdaya Terpadu. Balai Pengkajian Teknologi Pertanian, Agrosains 7 (1). Jawa Tengah. 1-6 hal
Lin, Zhu, Chen, Zhang. 2009. Effects of plant density and nitrogen application rate on grain yield and nitrogen uptake of super hybrid rice.
Kasim, M. 2004. Manajemen penggunaan air, meminimalkan penggunaan air untuk meningkatkan produksi padi sawah melalui sistem intensifikasi padi (The System of rice intensification-SRI). Pidato Pengukuhan Sebagai Guru Besar Unand. Padang 2004.
Utomo, M dan Nazaruddin. 2007. Bertanam padi sawah tanpa olah tanah. Penebar Swadaya. Jakarta.
Faruk, M. O., M. A. Rahman, and M. A. Hasan. 2008.Effect of seedling age and number of seedling per hill on the yield and yield contributing characters of BRRI dhan 33. Int. J. Sustain. Crop Prod. 4(1): 58-61
Husana, Y. 2010. Pengaruh Penggunaan Jarak Tanam Terhadap Pertumbuhan dan Produksi Padi Sawah (Oryza sativa L.) Varietas IR 42 dengan Metode SRI (System of Rice Intensification). Jurnal. Jurusan Agroteknolgi. Fakultas Pertanian. Universitas Riau. Vol 9 Hal 2-7
Hasanah, I. 2007. Bercocok tanam padi. Azka Mulia Media. Jakarta. 68 hal.
Santoso&A. Nasution. 2017. Pengendalian Penyakit Blas dan Penyakit Cendawan Lainnya. Balai Besar Penelitian Tanaman Padi. http://bbpadi.litbang.pertanian.go.id /index.php /publikasi /artikel ilmiah /content/ item/ 202. pengendalian penyakit blas dan penyakit cendawan lainnya; diakses 10/8/17.
Karok-karo, S, Johannes, Runtunuwu, dan Tumewu. 2012. Pengaturan jarak tanam padi (Oryza sativa L.) pada sistem tanamjajar legowo. Jurnal.1 : 1-7.
Damanik, M. M. B., Bachtiar, E. H., Fauzi., Sarifuddin dan Hamidah, H., 2010. Kesuburan Tanahdan Pemupukan.USU Press. Medan
Authors who submit papers with this journal agree to the following terms:
- Authors retain copyright and grant the journal right of first publication with the work simultaneously licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution License that allows others to share the work with an acknowledgement of the work's authorship and initial publication in this journal.
- Authors are able to enter into separate, additional contractual arrangements for the non-exclusive distribution of the journal's published version of the work (e.g., post it to an institutional repository or publish it in a book), with an acknowledgement of its initial publication in this journal.
- Authors are permitted and encouraged to post their work online (e.g., in institutional repositories or on their website) prior to and during the submission process, as it can lead to productive exchanges, as well as earlier and greater citation of published work (See The Effect of Open Access).
- By submitting the processing fee, it is understood that the author has agreed to our terms and conditions which may change from time to time without any notice.
- It should be clear for authors that the Editor In Chief is responsible for the final decision about the submitted papers; have the right to accept\reject any paper. The Editor In Chief will choose any option from the following to review the submitted papers:A. send the paper to two reviewers, if the results were negative by one reviewer and positive by the other one; then the editor may send the paper for third reviewer or he take immediately the final decision by accepting\rejecting the paper. The Editor In Chief will ask the selected reviewers to present the results within 7 working days, if they were unable to complete the review within the agreed period then the editor have the right to resend the papers for new reviewers using the same procedure. If the Editor In Chief was not able to find suitable reviewers for certain papers then he have the right to accept\reject the paper.B. sends the paper to a selected editorial board member(s). C. the Editor In Chief himself evaluates the paper.
- Author will take the responsibility what so ever if any copyright infringement or any other violation of any law is done by publishing the research work by the author
- Before publishing, author must check whether this journal is accepted by his employer, or any authority he intends to submit his research work. we will not be responsible in this matter.
- If at any time, due to any legal reason, if the journal stops accepting manuscripts or could not publish already accepted manuscripts, we will have the right to cancel all or any one of the manuscripts without any compensation or returning back any kind of processing cost.
- The cost covered in the publication fees is only for online publication of a single manuscript.