The Effect of Rice Bran Milk on Low Density Lipoprotein (LDL) Concentration in Diabetic Rats
AbstractDyslipidemia common in insulin resistance in patients with diabetes, with increased Low Density Lipoprotein (LDL) concentration. Rice bran has antioxidants which can reduce of LDL concentrations in the body. This research aimed to determine the effect of rice bran milk on Low Density Lipoprotein (LDL) concentration in diabetic rats. This research is a true experiment design study using a pre-post test with control group design. A total of 20 rats were divide into 4 groups. Group 1 (Negative Control) Diabetic rats, Grup 2 (Positive Control) Glibenclamide, Group 3 Rice Bran Milk 30 gram and Group 4 Rice Bran Milk 60 gram for 14 days. Data was analyzed using Pairet t-test and One Way Annova test. The research is showed no significant differences in LDL concentrations before and after treatment in the control group and treatment group with p value 0.61>0.05. However, in the group given rice bran milk was increased concentrations of LDL but not as high as in the control group with an average increase of respectively 1.60 mg/dL and 0.20 mg/dL.Conclusions: there is no significant effect before and after giving of rice bran milk on Low Density Lipoprotein (LDL) concentrations, but there was an increase in LDL concentration was lower in the treatment groups compared with the control groups after giving rice bran milk. Recommedation: the next research to increase the time for giving in rice bran milk to get maximum results. Decreasing LDL concentratios can be prevent the risk of atherosclerosis.
Shilton T.,Cham pagne B., Blanchard C., Ibarra L & Kasesmup V. “Towards a Global Framework for Capacity Building for Non-Communicable Disease Advocacy in Low- and Middle- Income Countries”. Global Health Promotion, 20(4) pp.6-19. 2013.
Perkumpulan Endokrinologi Indonesia (Perkeni). Konsensus Pengelolaan dan Pencegahan Diabetes Mellitus Tipe 2 di Indonesia. Jakarta. Pengurus Besar Perkumpulan Endokrinologi Indonesia. 2015.
International Diabetes Federation (IDF). IDF Diabetes Atlas Eight Edition. International Diabetes Federation. 2017.
Noviyanti F., Decroli E. & Sastri S. “Perbedaan Kadar LDL-kolesterol pada Pasien Diabetes Melitus Tipe 2 dengan dan tanpa Hipertensi di RS Dr. M. Djamil Padang Tahun 2011”. Jurnal Kesehatan Andalas, 4 (2): pp.545-550. 2015.
Badan Penelitian dan Pengembangan Kesehatan. Riset Kesehatan Dasar (Riskesdas) 2013. Jakarta. Kementerian Kesehatan RI. 2013.
Dewi, N. M. A. P., Suter, I. K. & Widarta, I. W. R.”Stabilisasi Bekatul dalam Upaya Pemanfaatannya sebagai Pangan Fungsional”.pp. 1–10. 2011.
Widowati, W. “Potensi Antioksidan sebagai Antidiabetes”. JKM, 7(2), pp. 1–11. 2001.
Cheng, H.-H. et al. “Ameliorative effects of stabilized rice bran on type 2 diabetes patients”. Annals of Nutrition and Metabolism, 56(1), pp. 45–5. 2010.
Issara U. & Rawdkuen S. Organic Rice Bran Milk : Production and Its Natural Quality Attributes. Proceeding of the 1st Joint ACS AGFD-ACS ICSCT Symposium Thailand ; 2014 Maret 4-5 ; Thailand. pp. 80-88. 2014.
Walde S.S.I., Dohle C., Ohly P.C. & Gleichmann H. “Molecular Target Structures in Alloxan-Induced Diabetes in Mice”. Life Sciences, 71 (14): pp. 1681-1694. 2002.
Lai M.H., Chen Y.T., Chen Y.Y., Chang J.H & Cheng H.H. “Effects of rice bran oil on the blood lipids profiles and insulin resistance in type 2 diabetes patients”. International Clinical Biochemistry and Nutrition, 51 (1): pp.15-18. 2012.
Nirmala, L. C. “Pengaruh Intervensi Minuman Emulsi Ready to Drink Minyak Bekatul-Cokelat Terhadap Profil Lipid Plasma Mahasiswa Obes”. Skripsi. Institut Pertanian Bogor. Bogor. 2012.
Sueratman, N.E. “Pengaruh Pemberian Ekstrak Bekatul terhadap Trigliserida, Low Density Lipoprotein (LDL) dan Malondialdehyde (MDA) Study pada Tikus Sprague Dawley Obesitas”. Tesis, Universitas Diponegoro. Semarang. 2018.
Minatel I.O., Francisqueti F.V., Correa C.R. & Lima G.P.P. “Antioxidant Activity of -Oryzanol: A Complex Network of Interactions”. International Journal of Molecular Sciences, 17 (8): pp.1-15. 2016.
] Roy, S., Freake, H. C. and Fernandez, M. L. “Gender and hormonal status affect the regulation of hepatic cholesterol 7α-hydroxylase activity and mRNA abundance by dietary soluble fiber in the guinea pig”. Atherosclerosis, 163(1), pp. 29–37. 2002.
Rideout, T. C. et al.” Guar gum and similar soluble fibers in the regulation of cholesterol metabolism: Current understandings and future research priorities”. Vascular Health and Risk Management, 4(5), pp. 1023–1033. 2008.
Bennekum, A. M. van et al. ”Mechanisms of cholesterol-lowering effects of dietary insoluble fibres: relationships with intestinal and hepatic cholesterol parameters”. British Journal of Nutrition, 94 (03), pp. 331. 2005.
Wilson T.A., Nocolosi R.J., Woolfrey B. & Kritchevsky D. “Rice Bran Oil and Oryzanol Reduce Plasma Lipid and Lipoprotein Cholesterol Concentrations and Aortic Cholesterol Ester Accumulation to a Greater Extent than Ferulic Acid in Hypercholesterolemic Hamsters”. Journal of Nutritional Biochemistry, 18 (2): pp.105-112. 2007.
Gallaher C.M., Munion J., Hesslink R., Wise J. & Gallaher D.D. “Cholesterol Reduction by Glucomannan and Chitosan Is Mediated by Changes in Cholesterol Absorption and Bile Acid and Fat Excretion in Rats”. American Society for Nutritional Sciences, 130 (11): pp.2753-2759. 2000.
Tuarita, M. Z. dkk. “Pengembangan Bekatul sebagai Pangan Fungsional: Peluang, Hambatan, dan Tantangan”.pp.1-11. 2017.
Authors who submit papers with this journal agree to the following terms:
- Authors retain copyright and grant the journal right of first publication with the work simultaneously licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution License that allows others to share the work with an acknowledgement of the work's authorship and initial publication in this journal.
- Authors are able to enter into separate, additional contractual arrangements for the non-exclusive distribution of the journal's published version of the work (e.g., post it to an institutional repository or publish it in a book), with an acknowledgement of its initial publication in this journal.
- Authors are permitted and encouraged to post their work online (e.g., in institutional repositories or on their website) prior to and during the submission process, as it can lead to productive exchanges, as well as earlier and greater citation of published work (See The Effect of Open Access).
- By submitting the processing fee, it is understood that the author has agreed to our terms and conditions which may change from time to time without any notice.
- It should be clear for authors that the Editor In Chief is responsible for the final decision about the submitted papers; have the right to accept\reject any paper. The Editor In Chief will choose any option from the following to review the submitted papers:A. send the paper to two reviewers, if the results were negative by one reviewer and positive by the other one; then the editor may send the paper for third reviewer or he take immediately the final decision by accepting\rejecting the paper. The Editor In Chief will ask the selected reviewers to present the results within 7 working days, if they were unable to complete the review within the agreed period then the editor have the right to resend the papers for new reviewers using the same procedure. If the Editor In Chief was not able to find suitable reviewers for certain papers then he have the right to accept\reject the paper.B. sends the paper to a selected editorial board member(s). C. the Editor In Chief himself evaluates the paper.
- Author will take the responsibility what so ever if any copyright infringement or any other violation of any law is done by publishing the research work by the author
- Before publishing, author must check whether this journal is accepted by his employer, or any authority he intends to submit his research work. we will not be responsible in this matter.
- If at any time, due to any legal reason, if the journal stops accepting manuscripts or could not publish already accepted manuscripts, we will have the right to cancel all or any one of the manuscripts without any compensation or returning back any kind of processing cost.
- The cost covered in the publication fees is only for online publication of a single manuscript.