The Effect of Sensomotoric Integration Exercise on Balance Disorder of Post Stroke Patients
AbstractStroke is a common condition that cause disability and dependency among adults. One of the common symptoms of stroke that often arises is balance disorder. Sensorimotor integration is an exercise targeted to improve the functional capacity of stroke survivors. This study aims to explore the effect of sensorimotor integration exercises in improving balance of people with stroke. This is a quasi-experimental design, with time-series experimental design. Fifteen people were participated in this study and recruited purposively based on inclusion and exclusion criteria. The subjects were divided into two groups, 3 times group and 6 times group. The intervention was conducted for 2 weeks with the total of 6 times exercise. The outcome measure used to measure balance is the Berg Balance Scale, measured at baseline, 3 times and 6 times for both groups. Wilcoxon test was used to analyze the difference between the collected data. The results showed a significant decrease in the Berg Balance Scale (p<0,01). This shows that sensorimotor exercise integration has an significant effect in improving balance in people with stroke.
. (WHO), W.H.O., Global status report on non-communicabel diseases geneva. 2014, WHO Press.
. Dinata, A.C., Safrita Gambaran faktor risiko dan tipe stroke pada pasien rawat inap dibagian penyakit dalam RSUD kabupaten solokselatan periode 1 januari 2010-31 juni 2012. Jurnal Kesehatan Andalas, 2013.
. Kesehatan, K. and K.K. RI, Riset kesehatan dasar. Jakarta: Badan Penelitian dan Pengembangan Kesehatan Departemen Kesehatan Republik Indonesia, 2013.
. Batson, G., Update on proprioception: considerations for dance education. Journal of Dance Medicine & Science, 2009. 13(2): p. 35-41.
. Irfan, M., Fisioterapi bagi insan stroke. Yogyakarta: Graha Ilmu, 2010.
. Yuliana, S., Pengaruh Brain Gym dan Cone Exercise Terhadap Sensomotorik Anak Usia 4-6 Tahun. 2011, Universitas Muhammadiyah Surakarta.
. Christanto, R., C.N. Mahama, and M.J. Tumboimbela, Profil Faktor-Faktor Risiko Pada Pasien Stroke Yang Dirawat Inap Di Irina F Neurologi Rsup Prof. Dr. Rd Kandou Manado Periode Januari–Oktober 2012. e-CliniC, 2014. 2(3).
. Mahendra R, Atasi stroke dengan tanaman obat. 2004, Jakarta: Niaga Swadana Penerbit Buku Kedokteran EGC.
. Sofyan, A.M., I.Y. Sihombing, and Y. Hamra, Hubungan Umur, Jenis Kelamin, dan Hipertensi dengan Kejadian Stroke. Medula, 2015. 1(1).
. Farida I, A., Mengantisipasi stroke 2009(Bukubiru Yogyakarta).
. Watila, M., S. Bwala, and A. Ibrahim, Gender variation in risk factors and clinical presentation of acute stroke, Northeastern Nigeria. Journal of Neuroscience and Behavioral Health, 2011. 3(3): p. 38-43.
. Ismaningsih, Penambahan proprioceptive exercise pada intervensi strengthening exercise lebih meningkatkan kelincahan pada pemain sepakbola. . 2015(Program Studi Fisiologi Olahraga Program Pascasarjana Universitas Udayana Denpasar).
. Wijaya, Pengaruh Pemberian Sensomotorik Integration Terhadap Perubahan Keseimbangan Pada Hemiparese Post Stroke 2015(Fakultas Kedokteran. Universitas Hasanuddin).
. Hazmi, D., K. Tirtayasa, and M. Irfan, Kombinasi Neuro Developmental Treatment dan Sensory Integration Lebih Baik daripada Hanya Neuro Developmental Treatmen Untuk Meningkatkan Keseimbangan Berdiri Anak Down Syndrome. 2013, Tesis. Universitas Udayana Denpasar.
. Purwindra, H., Pengaruh Latihan Neuro Development Treatmentdan Sensory Integration Untuk Meningkatkan Keseimbangan Berdiri Anak Tunagrahita. Skripsi, Jurusan Ilmu Keolahragaan, Universitas Negeri Malang, 2016.
Authors who submit papers with this journal agree to the following terms:
- Authors retain copyright and grant the journal right of first publication with the work simultaneously licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution License that allows others to share the work with an acknowledgement of the work's authorship and initial publication in this journal.
- Authors are able to enter into separate, additional contractual arrangements for the non-exclusive distribution of the journal's published version of the work (e.g., post it to an institutional repository or publish it in a book), with an acknowledgement of its initial publication in this journal.
- Authors are permitted and encouraged to post their work online (e.g., in institutional repositories or on their website) prior to and during the submission process, as it can lead to productive exchanges, as well as earlier and greater citation of published work (See The Effect of Open Access).
- By submitting the processing fee, it is understood that the author has agreed to our terms and conditions which may change from time to time without any notice.
- It should be clear for authors that the Editor In Chief is responsible for the final decision about the submitted papers; have the right to accept\reject any paper. The Editor In Chief will choose any option from the following to review the submitted papers:A. send the paper to two reviewers, if the results were negative by one reviewer and positive by the other one; then the editor may send the paper for third reviewer or he take immediately the final decision by accepting\rejecting the paper. The Editor In Chief will ask the selected reviewers to present the results within 7 working days, if they were unable to complete the review within the agreed period then the editor have the right to resend the papers for new reviewers using the same procedure. If the Editor In Chief was not able to find suitable reviewers for certain papers then he have the right to accept\reject the paper.B. sends the paper to a selected editorial board member(s). C. the Editor In Chief himself evaluates the paper.
- Author will take the responsibility what so ever if any copyright infringement or any other violation of any law is done by publishing the research work by the author
- Before publishing, author must check whether this journal is accepted by his employer, or any authority he intends to submit his research work. we will not be responsible in this matter.
- If at any time, due to any legal reason, if the journal stops accepting manuscripts or could not publish already accepted manuscripts, we will have the right to cancel all or any one of the manuscripts without any compensation or returning back any kind of processing cost.
- The cost covered in the publication fees is only for online publication of a single manuscript.