An Approach to a Preliminary Groundwater Quality Analysis of Southern Ontario
AbstractThis study describes an approach that is found to be very useful for an initial and preliminary interpretation of analytical database. In particular, this study suggests a systematic use of an Excel Macro Program and subsequent mapping in GIS.From the meaningful concentration ranges and the corresponding colour codes assigned in mapping, the results of the study show the methodology employed makes initial interpretation very simple, providing a partial synoptic view of groundwater quality that is easy to decipher.
McNeely, V.P. R.N., Neimanis V.P., and Dawyer L, 1979: Water Quality Sourcebook, A Guide to Water Quality Parameters; Inland Waters Directorate, Water Quality Branch, Ottawa, Canada.
Bowen, H. J. M, 1979: Environmental Chemistry of the Elements; Academic Pres., London. New York, Toronto, San Francisco; A Subsidiary of Harcourt Brace Jovanovich, Publishers.
Haile-Meskale, M. 2007 (unpublished): A Preliminary Groundwater Quality Analysis, An Interpretation of the Analytical Data From the Provincial Groundwater Monitoring Network (PGMN) Wells in Ontario; Ontario Ministry of the Environment, Environmental Monitoring and Reporting Branch.
Haile-Meskale Mezmure, HGSG (2017). An Overview of Saturation State of Groundwater with Respect to Some Common Minerals in South Central Ontario : International Journal of Sciences: Basic and Applied Research (IJSBAR), Vol. 36, No5, pp 32-47.
Haile-Meskale Mezmure and Holysh Steve (2016). Some Aspects of the Origin of the Naturally Occurring Sodium Chloride Waters in Eastern Ontario: International Journal of Sciences: Basic and Applied Research (IJSBAR), Vol. 29, No2 (2016).
Ontario Drinking Water Quality Standards Tables. Appendix D: http://www.sourceprotection-niagara.ca/wp-content/uploads/2014/06/Appendix-D.pdf
US. Department of Health and Human Services. https://toxtutor.nlm.nih.gov/02-006.html.
WHO, 1998: International Programme on Chemical Safety, Environmental Health Criteria 204, Boron; United Nations Environment Programme, International Labour Organisation and World health Organization. http://www.inchem.org/documents/ehc/ehc/ehc204.htm)
WHO, 2004: Guidelines for Drinking-water Quality:
WHO, 2006: Chemical Hazards in Drinking Water: http://www.who.int/water_ls/en/index.html
Zoran Nakić, Kristijan Posavec, and Andrea Bačani, 2007: A Visual Basic Spreadsheet Macro for Geochemical Background Analysis; Groundwater Journal – September – October 2007 (pages 642-647
Haile-Meskale Mezmure, HGSG (2017). https://www.hgsg-water.org/hgsg-exel-programs.
Authors who submit papers with this journal agree to the following terms:
- Authors retain copyright and grant the journal right of first publication with the work simultaneously licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution License that allows others to share the work with an acknowledgement of the work's authorship and initial publication in this journal.
- Authors are able to enter into separate, additional contractual arrangements for the non-exclusive distribution of the journal's published version of the work (e.g., post it to an institutional repository or publish it in a book), with an acknowledgement of its initial publication in this journal.
- Authors are permitted and encouraged to post their work online (e.g., in institutional repositories or on their website) prior to and during the submission process, as it can lead to productive exchanges, as well as earlier and greater citation of published work (See The Effect of Open Access).
- By submitting the processing fee, it is understood that the author has agreed to our terms and conditions which may change from time to time without any notice.
- It should be clear for authors that the Editor In Chief is responsible for the final decision about the submitted papers; have the right to accept\reject any paper. The Editor In Chief will choose any option from the following to review the submitted papers:A. send the paper to two reviewers, if the results were negative by one reviewer and positive by the other one; then the editor may send the paper for third reviewer or he take immediately the final decision by accepting\rejecting the paper. The Editor In Chief will ask the selected reviewers to present the results within 7 working days, if they were unable to complete the review within the agreed period then the editor have the right to resend the papers for new reviewers using the same procedure. If the Editor In Chief was not able to find suitable reviewers for certain papers then he have the right to accept\reject the paper.B. sends the paper to a selected editorial board member(s). C. the Editor In Chief himself evaluates the paper.
- Author will take the responsibility what so ever if any copyright infringement or any other violation of any law is done by publishing the research work by the author
- Before publishing, author must check whether this journal is accepted by his employer, or any authority he intends to submit his research work. we will not be responsible in this matter.
- If at any time, due to any legal reason, if the journal stops accepting manuscripts or could not publish already accepted manuscripts, we will have the right to cancel all or any one of the manuscripts without any compensation or returning back any kind of processing cost.
- The cost covered in the publication fees is only for online publication of a single manuscript.