The Use of the Nonionised Electromagnetic Waves’ Enhanced Autogenous Adipose Tissue & Platelet Rich Plasma Injection for Treatment of Osteoarthritis: Case Report
AbstractOsteoarthritis is a joint degradation disorder presenting with joint pain, tenderness, stiffness, locking, and sometimes an effusion. Diagnosis is confirmed by x-ray. Traditional treatment involves a combination of exercise, lifestyle modification, analgesics, steroids, glucosamine, and finally arthrodesis and joint replacement surgery. A 59 years old female with grade IV osteoarthritis that did not respond to traditional medical treatment nor physiotherapy was treated by nonionised electromagnetic waves’ enhanced autogenous adipose tissue & platelet rich plasma injection where 60 ml of subcutaneous adipose tissue & 60 ml of blood was subjected to series of centrifugation in speeds ranging from (4000-12000) round per minute then the autogenous adipose tissue & platelet rich plasma was exposed to nonionised electromagnetic waves in a spectrum ranging from (350-850) nanometer and for duration ranging from (60-180) seconds in complete aseptic precautions Each knee was injected with 15 ml of cells in aseptic precaution and under cover of antibiotic. Improvement of pain was recorded from the 4th post injection day and x-ray after 6 months showed evidence of cartilage regeneration.
. Johannes Bijlsma, Francis Berenbaum, Floris Lafeber: “Osteoarthritis: an update with relevance for clinical practice.” The Lancet, vol. 377, pp 2115–2126, 2011.
. Berenbaum F: "Osteoarthritis as an inflammatory disease (osteoarthritis is not osteoarthrosis!)". Osteoarthritis and Cartilage, vol. 21 (1),pp. 16–21, 2013.
. de Figueiredo EC, Figueiredo GC, Dantas RT: “Influência de elementos meteorológicos na dor de pacientes com osteoartrite: Revisão da literature, Influence of meteorological elements on osteoarthritis pain: a review of the literature”. Rev Bras Reumatol (in Portuguese) vol. 51 (6), pp 622–628, 2011
. Manek NJ, Lane NE: “Osteoarthritis: current concepts in diagnosis and management.” Am Fam Physician, vol. 61(6), pp 1795–1804, 2000.
. Bassem Darwish “The use of the nonionised electromagnetic waves’enhanced cellular injection for treatment of severe osteoarthritis.” Egypt Patent 27087, Oct. 26, 2011.
. Nayera Abdelmoaty, E. Alattar, Khaled Ahmad, Yosra Ibrahim, Bassem Darwish: “Regenerative Power of Autologous Peripheral Blood Stem Cell Injection in Knee Osteoarthritis by A NON Invasive Approach - MRI Study-.”Ann Rheum Dis, vol.73(2),1066, 2014
Authors who submit papers with this journal agree to the following terms:
- Authors retain copyright and grant the journal right of first publication with the work simultaneously licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution License that allows others to share the work with an acknowledgement of the work's authorship and initial publication in this journal.
- Authors are able to enter into separate, additional contractual arrangements for the non-exclusive distribution of the journal's published version of the work (e.g., post it to an institutional repository or publish it in a book), with an acknowledgement of its initial publication in this journal.
- Authors are permitted and encouraged to post their work online (e.g., in institutional repositories or on their website) prior to and during the submission process, as it can lead to productive exchanges, as well as earlier and greater citation of published work (See The Effect of Open Access).
- By submitting the processing fee, it is understood that the author has agreed to our terms and conditions which may change from time to time without any notice.
- It should be clear for authors that the Editor In Chief is responsible for the final decision about the submitted papers; have the right to accept\reject any paper. The Editor In Chief will choose any option from the following to review the submitted papers:A. send the paper to two reviewers, if the results were negative by one reviewer and positive by the other one; then the editor may send the paper for third reviewer or he take immediately the final decision by accepting\rejecting the paper. The Editor In Chief will ask the selected reviewers to present the results within 7 working days, if they were unable to complete the review within the agreed period then the editor have the right to resend the papers for new reviewers using the same procedure. If the Editor In Chief was not able to find suitable reviewers for certain papers then he have the right to accept\reject the paper.B. sends the paper to a selected editorial board member(s). C. the Editor In Chief himself evaluates the paper.
- Author will take the responsibility what so ever if any copyright infringement or any other violation of any law is done by publishing the research work by the author
- Before publishing, author must check whether this journal is accepted by his employer, or any authority he intends to submit his research work. we will not be responsible in this matter.
- If at any time, due to any legal reason, if the journal stops accepting manuscripts or could not publish already accepted manuscripts, we will have the right to cancel all or any one of the manuscripts without any compensation or returning back any kind of processing cost.
- The cost covered in the publication fees is only for online publication of a single manuscript.