Potential Cause of Low Coverage of Labor by Health Personnel in Konawe North District Province South Sulawesi Indonesia
AbstractOne of the causes of the high maternal mortality rate is that delivery assistance is not carried out by health workers, so this is still a health problem in Indonesia. In Southeast Sulawesi Province the coverage of childbirth assistance by health workers in 2015 reached 88.91%, not yet reaching the target of the Ministry of Health's Strategic Plan of 90%. There are still 6 districts below the provincial average, namely South Konawe 82.70%, Buton 80.07%, Bau-Bau City 76.76%, North Kolaka 74.26%, Konawe Kepulauan 60.96% and Konawe North 35.83%. The purpose of the study was to identify the low causal factors for childbirth coverage by health workers in North Konawe Regency, Southeast Sulawesi Province. This type of research is qualitative research, with a case study approach. Informants are Maternity and Health workers. Data collection using in-depth interviews, observation and document review. The results showed that the factors that caused the low coverage of childbirth were traditional or belief factors which were used generations of traditional birth attendants as birth attendants as a result of low knowledge, remote access, geographical conditions, transportation facilities and inability to pay transportation to visit health facilities, not the ownership of health insurance, the lack of health workers and the lack of health facilities that support the work of midwives. The strategies for increasing the coverage of labor include: trained midwife contract system policies with placement mechanisms based on the ratio of midwife staff to the number of people, health education by involving stakeholders, facilitating access to health services through the provision of ambulances, and providing infrastructure that supports midwife's work performance. Conclusion; the cause of the low coverage of childbirth by health workers is caused by the presence of health service factors and community characteristics. Suggestion; stakeholders should formulate a policy of increasing contracting in and contracting out capacity to overcome the shortage of limited midwives' labor, provide health facilities, and train traditional birth attendants.
. Kemenkes R. Profil Kesehatan Indonesia 2015. Jakarta; 2016.
. Dinkes P. Profil Kesehatan Provinsi Sulawesi Tenggara. Kondari; 2016.
. Dinkes KKU. Profil Dinkes Kab. Konawe Utara. Wanggudu; 2016.
. Consuelo S.G. Pengantar Metodologi Penelitian. Jakarta: Penerbit Universitas Indonesia; 1997.
. Depkes R. Strategi Operasional Turunkan Angka Kematian Ibu. Jakarta; 2010.
. Maisya BI. Faktor- faktor yang berhubungan dengan Pemanfaatan Dukun Sebagai Penolong Persalinan di Kabupaten Sukabumi. Universitas Indonesia; 2006.
. Nuraeni, S PD. Perilaku pertolongan persalinan oleh dukun bayi di Kabupaten Karawang 2011. Universitas Soedirman Purwokerto; 2012.
. Barber SL, Gertler PJ HP. The contribution of human resources for health to the quality of care in Indonesia. 2007.
. Santrock J. Psikologi Pendidikan. (Edisi ked. Jakarta: Kencana; 2010.
]10]. Syafriadi. Pemanfaatan Puskesmas Baru di Kabupaten Muko-Muko Provinsi Bengkulu. Tesis. Magister Kebijakan dan Manajemen Pelayanan Kesehatan. Universitas Gajah Mada Jogjakarta; 2008.
. Yuliah. Pemanfaatn Puskesmas Ditinjau dari aspek Pengguna Jasa Pelayanan dan Pendukung di Puskesmas Pasra Kemis Kabupaten Tangerang. Tesis. Program Pascasarjana Fakultas Kesehatan Masyarakat. Universitas Indonesia Jakarta; 2001.
. Astuti, A Puji., Kartasurya MI& SA. Analisis alasan pemilihan penolong persalinan oleh ibu bersalin di Kabupaten Semarang. J Manaj Kesehat Indones. 2014;2(3).
. Debra.etc. Faktor-Faktor yang Berhubungan dengan Pemanfaatan Pelayanan Kesehatan Pada Peserta BPJS Kesehatan di Puskesmas Paniki Bawah Kecamatan Mapanget Kota Manado. JIKMU Suplemen. 2015;5(1):88–100.
. Kusumaningrum. Dkk. Faktor-Faktor Yang Berpengaruh Terhadap Pemanfaatan Pelayanan Kesehatan Tradisional/ Komplementer Pada Keluarga Dengan Penyakit Tidak Menular. In Jakarta; 2014. p. 254–63.
. Geswar R. Kesiapan Stakeholder dalam pelaksanaan program jaminan kesehatan Nasional di Kabupaten Gowa. 2014.
Authors who submit papers with this journal agree to the following terms:
- Authors retain copyright and grant the journal right of first publication with the work simultaneously licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution License that allows others to share the work with an acknowledgement of the work's authorship and initial publication in this journal.
- Authors are able to enter into separate, additional contractual arrangements for the non-exclusive distribution of the journal's published version of the work (e.g., post it to an institutional repository or publish it in a book), with an acknowledgement of its initial publication in this journal.
- Authors are permitted and encouraged to post their work online (e.g., in institutional repositories or on their website) prior to and during the submission process, as it can lead to productive exchanges, as well as earlier and greater citation of published work (See The Effect of Open Access).
- By submitting the processing fee, it is understood that the author has agreed to our terms and conditions which may change from time to time without any notice.
- It should be clear for authors that the Editor In Chief is responsible for the final decision about the submitted papers; have the right to accept\reject any paper. The Editor In Chief will choose any option from the following to review the submitted papers:A. send the paper to two reviewers, if the results were negative by one reviewer and positive by the other one; then the editor may send the paper for third reviewer or he take immediately the final decision by accepting\rejecting the paper. The Editor In Chief will ask the selected reviewers to present the results within 7 working days, if they were unable to complete the review within the agreed period then the editor have the right to resend the papers for new reviewers using the same procedure. If the Editor In Chief was not able to find suitable reviewers for certain papers then he have the right to accept\reject the paper.B. sends the paper to a selected editorial board member(s). C. the Editor In Chief himself evaluates the paper.
- Author will take the responsibility what so ever if any copyright infringement or any other violation of any law is done by publishing the research work by the author
- Before publishing, author must check whether this journal is accepted by his employer, or any authority he intends to submit his research work. we will not be responsible in this matter.
- If at any time, due to any legal reason, if the journal stops accepting manuscripts or could not publish already accepted manuscripts, we will have the right to cancel all or any one of the manuscripts without any compensation or returning back any kind of processing cost.
- The cost covered in the publication fees is only for online publication of a single manuscript.