The Effectiveness of Evaporation and Spray Methods in Killing Aedes Aegypti Using Basil (Ocimum sanctum, Linn) Leaf Extract
AbstractDengue Hemorrhagic Fever (DHF) are acute febrile disease caused by virus dengue the into the human blood circulation through the bite Aedes aegypti. Prevention of the spread of dengue disease can be done by breaking the chain of transmission through vector control. The aim of this research was to determine the effectiveness of the method of evaporation and spray the deadly Aedes aegypti using basil leaf extract. This research is an experimental research. The sample in this study was 25 mosquito mosquitoes Aedes aegypti were presented with basil leaf extract concentration of 40%, 50% and 60%, with repetition as much as 3 times using the method of evaporation and spray for 135 minutes. The results showed that the higher concentration basil leaf extract more quickly and more mosquitoes died. In the evaporation method the number of dead mosquitoes were as many as 25 animals with LC50 minutes 75 concentration of 60%. In the spray method the number of dead mosquitoes were as many as 25 animals with LC50 minutes to 60 concentration of 50%. This is because the mosquitoes are exposed to extracts of basil leaves contain chemicals such as tannin, eugenol, flavonoids, tripenoid, and essential oil. The conclusion of this study is that the spray method at a concentration of 50% is a more effective method of killing the Aedes aegypti.It is expected that the community can utilize the evaporation method and spray using basil leaf extract because it is safe for the environment and humans.
Soegijanto Soegeng, 2006. Demam Berdarah Dengue. Surabaya; Unair (AUP)
Sudjain Chasan, 2005. Pengendalian Vektor dan Binatang Pengganggu. Makassar: Jurusan Kesling Politeknik Kesehatan Makassar.
Ramayanti Indri, Dkk. 2017. Efektivitas Ekstrak Daun Kemangi (Ocimum basilicum) Sebagai Bioinsektisida Sediaan Antinyamuk Bakar Terhadap Kematian Nyamuk Aedes aegypti. Pelembang: Fakultas Kedokteran Universitas Muhammadiyah. (Hal. 07). (Online) (file:///C:/Users/USER/Downloads/409-0170720.pdf Diakses 11 Desember 2017)
Kartika dan Istiana, 2014. Efek Larvisida Ekstrak Etanol Daun Kemangi (Ocimum Sanctum Linn) Terhadap Larva Instar III Aedes Aegypti. Departemen Parasitologi Fakultas Kedokteran Universtas Islam Indonesia.(Hal. 39). (Online). (http://download.portalgaruda.org/article. Diakses 11 Desember 2017)
Ahmad Hamsir, 2013. Pengendalian Vektor dan Binatang Penganggu-A. Makassar: Politeknik Kesehatan Makassar Jurusan Kesehatan Lingkungan.
Musdalifah, 2016. Uji Efektivitas Ekstrak Kulit Buah Jeruk Nipis (Citrus aurantifolia) sebagai Insektisid Hayati terhadap Nyamuk Aedes aegypti. Makassar. Fakultas Kedokteran dan Ilmu Kesehatan UIN Alauddin Makassar. (Online). (http://journal.uin-alauddin.ac.id/index)
Aysah Zulvita, 2013. Kemampuan Obat Nyamuk Bakar Bubuk Daun Serai (Andropogon nardus) sebagai Bahan Aktif dan Bubuk Cangkang Kulit Kemiri sebagai Bahan Pengisi dalam Pengendalian Nyamuk Culex SP. Makassar: Politeknik Kesehatan Makassar Jurusan Kesehatan Lingkungan. (KTI tidak diterbitkan)
Firmanta Yusuf, 2008. Deteksi Resistensi Nyamuk Aedes Aegypti yang berasal dari Daerah Endemis dan Non Endemis Dengue Di Kota Jambi Berdasarkan Aktivitas Enzim Esterase Non Spesifik terhadap Insektisida Golongan Piretroid. Yogyakarta: Fakultas Farmasi Universitas Sanata Dharma. (Online). (https://repository.usd.ac.id/2777/2/028114023_Full.pdf Diakses 08 Januari 2018
Fadhillah Nur, 2013. Kemampuan Ekstrak Daun Pepaya (Carica Papaya) dalam Mengendalikan Nyamuk Aedes Aegypti. Makassar: Politeknik Kesehatan Makassar Jurusan Kesehatan Lingkungan. (KTI tidak diterbitkan)
Iskandar Adang, dkk 1985. Pemberantasan Serangga & Binatang Pengganggu. Jakarta. Pusat Pendidikan Tenaga Kesehatan Departemen Kesehatan RI
Syamsuddin, Dkk. 2017. Modul Pengendalian Vektor dan Tikus. Makassar: Politeknik Kesehatan Makassar Jurusan Kesehatan Lingkungan.
Nurhidayanti, 2014. Efektivitas Ekstrak Kulit Polong Petai dengan Berbagai Konsentrasi dalam Membunuh Nyamuk Aedes aegypti. Makassar: Politeknik Kesehatan Makassar Jurusan Kesehatan Lingkungan. (KTI tidak diterbitkan)
Authors who submit papers with this journal agree to the following terms:
- Authors retain copyright and grant the journal right of first publication with the work simultaneously licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution License that allows others to share the work with an acknowledgement of the work's authorship and initial publication in this journal.
- Authors are able to enter into separate, additional contractual arrangements for the non-exclusive distribution of the journal's published version of the work (e.g., post it to an institutional repository or publish it in a book), with an acknowledgement of its initial publication in this journal.
- Authors are permitted and encouraged to post their work online (e.g., in institutional repositories or on their website) prior to and during the submission process, as it can lead to productive exchanges, as well as earlier and greater citation of published work (See The Effect of Open Access).
- By submitting the processing fee, it is understood that the author has agreed to our terms and conditions which may change from time to time without any notice.
- It should be clear for authors that the Editor In Chief is responsible for the final decision about the submitted papers; have the right to accept\reject any paper. The Editor In Chief will choose any option from the following to review the submitted papers:A. send the paper to two reviewers, if the results were negative by one reviewer and positive by the other one; then the editor may send the paper for third reviewer or he take immediately the final decision by accepting\rejecting the paper. The Editor In Chief will ask the selected reviewers to present the results within 7 working days, if they were unable to complete the review within the agreed period then the editor have the right to resend the papers for new reviewers using the same procedure. If the Editor In Chief was not able to find suitable reviewers for certain papers then he have the right to accept\reject the paper.B. sends the paper to a selected editorial board member(s). C. the Editor In Chief himself evaluates the paper.
- Author will take the responsibility what so ever if any copyright infringement or any other violation of any law is done by publishing the research work by the author
- Before publishing, author must check whether this journal is accepted by his employer, or any authority he intends to submit his research work. we will not be responsible in this matter.
- If at any time, due to any legal reason, if the journal stops accepting manuscripts or could not publish already accepted manuscripts, we will have the right to cancel all or any one of the manuscripts without any compensation or returning back any kind of processing cost.
- The cost covered in the publication fees is only for online publication of a single manuscript.