Community Participation and Government Policy In Developing Rural Tourism towards Community Welfare
AbstractRural tourism is an instance of community-based tourism that has been developed and implemented in Bali, Indonesia. The development of rural tourism is an effective option to accelerate the achievement of the welfare of local communities as it involves active participation of the community. The government has an indispensable role in issuing policies that support the development of rural tourism. This research was conducted in Baha Village, Mengwi Sub-district, Badung Regency to analyze the influence of community participation and government policy in developing rural tourism to achieve the welfare of local communities. The data in this study were collected by direct observation technique and using questionnaires to the community of Baha village as respondents and using proportional stratified random sampling technique. Data analysis techniques applied in this research are descriptive analysis and analysis of Structural Equation Model (SEM) with alternative PLS (Partial Least Square). The results of this study indicated that community participation and government policy have a positive and significant effect on the success of rural tourism development. Furthermore, community participation, government policy and the successful of rural tourism development have a positive and significant impact on the local communities’ welfare. Community participation and government policy indirectly have a positive and significant impact on the local communities welfare through the success of rural tourism development. However, community participation and government policy in the development of Baha Rural Tourism still need to be improved; hence, the achievement of the local communities welfare can be more optimal.
Par/Sug. “Baru Tiga Desa Wisata yang Sehat.” Bali Post (Dec. 13, 2016). p.1, col.2.
Mahagangga, I Gst. Ag. Oka et al. 2015. “Kajian Pengembangan Desa Wisata di Kabupaten Badung.” Seminar Nasional Sains dan Teknologi (Senestek). Denpasar.
Nalayani, Hari. “Evaluasi dan Strategi Pengembangan Desa Wisata di Kabupaten Badung.” Thesis, Faculty of Tourism, University of Udayana. Denpasar. 2015.
Badrudin, Rudy. 2012. Ekonomika Otonomi Daerah. Yogyakarta: UPP STIM YKPN.
Todaro, Michael P. and Smith, Stephen C. 2006. Pembangunan Ekonomi. Jakarta: Erlangga.
Putra, Agus Muriawan. 2006. “Konsep Desa Wisata.” Jurnal Manajemen Pariwisata vol.5, no.1, pp. 65-79, Jun.2006.
Sudana, I Putu. 2013. ”Strategi Pengembangan Desa Wisata Ekologis di Desa Wisata Belimbing, Kecamatan Pupuan, Kabupaten Tabanan.” Analisis Pariwisata, vol.13, no.1, pp. 11-31.
Dewi, M.H.U. et al. 2013. “Pengembangan Desa Wisata Berbasis Partisipasi Masyarakat Lokal di Desa Wisata Jatiluwih, Tabanan, Bali.” Kawistara, vol.3, no.2, pp. 129 – 139, Aug. 2013.
Kaho, Josef Riwu. 2007. Prospek Otonomi Daerah, Jakarta: PT. Raja Grafindo Persada.
Birkland, Thomas A. 2001. An Introduction to the Policy Process; Theories, Concepts, and Models of Public Policy Making. Armonk: M.E. Sharpe.
Hutomo, Mardi Yatmo. 2000. Pemberdayaan Masyarakat dalam Bidang Ekonomi: Tinjauan Teoritis dan Implementasi. Jakarta: Bappenas, pp. 7-10.
Mertha, I Wayan. “Partisipasi Masyarakat dan Peran Pemerintah dalam Mewujudkan Destinasi Pariwisata Berkualitas (Studi di Batur Global Geopark Kintamani).” Dissertations, Faculty of Economics and Business, University of Udayana. Denpasar. 2015.
BPS-Statistic Indonesia. 2016. Welfare Indicators 2016. Jakarta.
Ghozali, Imam. 2014. Structural Equation Modeling, Metode Alternatif dengan Partial Least Square (PLS). Edition 4. University of Diponegoro Publisher. Semarang.
Authors who submit papers with this journal agree to the following terms:
- Authors retain copyright and grant the journal right of first publication with the work simultaneously licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution License that allows others to share the work with an acknowledgement of the work's authorship and initial publication in this journal.
- Authors are able to enter into separate, additional contractual arrangements for the non-exclusive distribution of the journal's published version of the work (e.g., post it to an institutional repository or publish it in a book), with an acknowledgement of its initial publication in this journal.
- Authors are permitted and encouraged to post their work online (e.g., in institutional repositories or on their website) prior to and during the submission process, as it can lead to productive exchanges, as well as earlier and greater citation of published work (See The Effect of Open Access).
- By submitting the processing fee, it is understood that the author has agreed to our terms and conditions which may change from time to time without any notice.
- It should be clear for authors that the Editor In Chief is responsible for the final decision about the submitted papers; have the right to accept\reject any paper. The Editor In Chief will choose any option from the following to review the submitted papers:A. send the paper to two reviewers, if the results were negative by one reviewer and positive by the other one; then the editor may send the paper for third reviewer or he take immediately the final decision by accepting\rejecting the paper. The Editor In Chief will ask the selected reviewers to present the results within 7 working days, if they were unable to complete the review within the agreed period then the editor have the right to resend the papers for new reviewers using the same procedure. If the Editor In Chief was not able to find suitable reviewers for certain papers then he have the right to accept\reject the paper.B. sends the paper to a selected editorial board member(s). C. the Editor In Chief himself evaluates the paper.
- Author will take the responsibility what so ever if any copyright infringement or any other violation of any law is done by publishing the research work by the author
- Before publishing, author must check whether this journal is accepted by his employer, or any authority he intends to submit his research work. we will not be responsible in this matter.
- If at any time, due to any legal reason, if the journal stops accepting manuscripts or could not publish already accepted manuscripts, we will have the right to cancel all or any one of the manuscripts without any compensation or returning back any kind of processing cost.
- The cost covered in the publication fees is only for online publication of a single manuscript.