Collaborative Engineering as an Efficient Tool for Coordination Among Stakeholders in Aerospace Industry
AbstractThis paper analyzes the impacts and effectiveness of collaborative engineering, for overcoming coordination barriers and elevate management efficiency among stakeholders in aerospace industry. A case study about Boeing Co. is presented to analyze the collaborative engineering approach and describe an innovation project conducted within the aerospace industry. Three specific methodologies of collaborative engineering are listed to elaborate how recent advances in platform simplification, statistic mapping, experiential scenario design, are becoming the key enablers of next generation systems engineering and systems engineering languages.
Vreede G J D, Kolfschoten G L, Briggs R O. ThinkLets: a collaboration engineering pattern language[J]. International Journal of Computer Applications in Technology, 2006, 25(2/3):140-154.
Kamsu-Foguem B, Noyes D. Graph-based reasoning in collaborative knowledge management for industrial maintenance[J]. Computers in Industry, 2013, 64(8):998-1013.
Liu W. Collaborative Sharing System of Accounting Information for Stakeholders Based on XBRL[C]// Fifth International Conference on Business Intelligence & Financial Engineering. 2012.
Buxton W A S. Telepresence: integrating shared task and person spaces[C]// Conference on Graphics Interface. 1992.
Brentani U D, Kleinschmidt E J. The Impact of Company Resources and Capabilities on Global New Product Program Performance[J]. Project Management Journal, 2015, 46(1):12–29.
Reisach U. The creation of meaning and critical ethical reflection in operational research[J]. Euro Journal on Decision Processes, 2016, 4(1-2):5-32.
Chang W D. A knowledge base approach to assisting collaborative relationships[J]. Massachusetts Institute of Technology, 2003.
Schuster K, Groß K, Vossen R, et al. Preparing for Industry 4.0 – Collaborative Virtual Learning Environments in Engineering Education[C]// International Conference on E-learning in the Workplace. 2016.
Lealarcasr. Geoengineering a Future for Humankind: Some Technical and Ethical Considerations[J]. Social Science Electronic Publishing, 2012.
Abdullah R, Talib A M. Knowledge management system model in enhancing knowledge facilitation of Software Process Improvement for Software House Organization[C]// International Conference on Information Retrieval & Knowledge Management. 2012.
Lu C Y, Elmaraghy W, Schuh G, et al. A SCIENTIFIC FOUNDATION OF COLLABORATIVE ENGINEERING ☆[J]. CIRP Annals - Manufacturing Technology, 2007, 56(2):605-634.
Authors who submit papers with this journal agree to the following terms:
- Authors retain copyright and grant the journal right of first publication with the work simultaneously licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution License that allows others to share the work with an acknowledgement of the work's authorship and initial publication in this journal.
- Authors are able to enter into separate, additional contractual arrangements for the non-exclusive distribution of the journal's published version of the work (e.g., post it to an institutional repository or publish it in a book), with an acknowledgement of its initial publication in this journal.
- Authors are permitted and encouraged to post their work online (e.g., in institutional repositories or on their website) prior to and during the submission process, as it can lead to productive exchanges, as well as earlier and greater citation of published work (See The Effect of Open Access).
- By submitting the processing fee, it is understood that the author has agreed to our terms and conditions which may change from time to time without any notice.
- It should be clear for authors that the Editor In Chief is responsible for the final decision about the submitted papers; have the right to accept\reject any paper. The Editor In Chief will choose any option from the following to review the submitted papers:A. send the paper to two reviewers, if the results were negative by one reviewer and positive by the other one; then the editor may send the paper for third reviewer or he take immediately the final decision by accepting\rejecting the paper. The Editor In Chief will ask the selected reviewers to present the results within 7 working days, if they were unable to complete the review within the agreed period then the editor have the right to resend the papers for new reviewers using the same procedure. If the Editor In Chief was not able to find suitable reviewers for certain papers then he have the right to accept\reject the paper.B. sends the paper to a selected editorial board member(s). C. the Editor In Chief himself evaluates the paper.
- Author will take the responsibility what so ever if any copyright infringement or any other violation of any law is done by publishing the research work by the author
- Before publishing, author must check whether this journal is accepted by his employer, or any authority he intends to submit his research work. we will not be responsible in this matter.
- If at any time, due to any legal reason, if the journal stops accepting manuscripts or could not publish already accepted manuscripts, we will have the right to cancel all or any one of the manuscripts without any compensation or returning back any kind of processing cost.
- The cost covered in the publication fees is only for online publication of a single manuscript.