Learning Independence of Students through Learning Using the Savi Approach in MTSS Unggul Nura
AbstractLearning independence is self-awareness, self-driven and learning ability to achieve its goals. The learning independence of students is still not optimal, shown by the fact that students very rarely ask questions to the teacher so that the teacher was absorbed in explaining what he or she has prepared and students only accept what is delivered by the teacher. Thus, learning tends to be one-way. Therefore, an innovation is needed in the learning process so that students can show optimal character of learning independence. The purpose of this study is to determine the learning independence of students through learning by using the SAVI approach. This type of research is experimental research with a quantitative approach. The sample in this study was class VIII A students as an experimental class taught by means of the SAVI approach and class VIII B as a control class taught by means of conventional learning. The instrument of this research is the learning independence questionnaire. While for learning activities, the Learning Implementation Plan and the Student Worksheet were made. The testing of hypotheses was analyzed using the testing statistic of two-sample average difference by means of SPSS. Based on the results of the study it can be concluded that the learning independence of students who learn with the SAVI approach is better than the learning independence of students who learn by using conventional learning. Through the learning using the SAVI approach, the teacher can assess the learning independence of students.
Rahman. “Hubungan Antara Self Concept terhadap Matematika dengan Kemampuan Berpikir Kreatif Matematika Siswa”. Jurnal Ilmiah Prodi Matematika STKIP Bandung. 1(1), 113-119, Juli 2012.
Irawati, N. “Hubungan Antara Harga Diri (Self Steem) dengan Prestasi Belajar pada Siswa SMKN 48 Jakarta Timur”. Jurnal Unnes, 10 (1), 194-196, Januari 2012.
Fadillah, S. “Meningkatkan Self Steem Siswa SMP dalam Matematika Melalui Pembelajaran dengan Pendekatan Open Ended”. Jurnal Unnes, 5(2), 45-53, Juli 2010.
Meier, D. (2002). The Accelerated Learning Handbook. Bandung: Kaifa.
Sudjana. (2005). Metode Statistika. Bandung: Tarsito.
Arikunto, S. (2006). Prosedur Penelitian: Suatu Pendekatan Praktik. Jakarta: Rineka Cipta.
Uyanto, Stainlaus S. (2009). Pedoman Analisis Data dengan SPSS. Yogyakarta: Graha Ilmu.
Rusman. 2011. Model-model Pembelajaran Mengembangkan Profesionalisme Guru. Rajawali Pers: Jakarta.
Ulvah, Shovia dan Ekasatya Aldila Afriansyah. “Kemampuan Pemecahan Masalah Matematis Siswa Ditinjau Melalui Model Pembelajaran SAVI dan Konvensional”. Jurnal Riset Pendidikan. 2(2), 142-153, Juli 2016.
Authors who submit papers with this journal agree to the following terms:
- Authors retain copyright and grant the journal right of first publication with the work simultaneously licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution License that allows others to share the work with an acknowledgement of the work's authorship and initial publication in this journal.
- Authors are able to enter into separate, additional contractual arrangements for the non-exclusive distribution of the journal's published version of the work (e.g., post it to an institutional repository or publish it in a book), with an acknowledgement of its initial publication in this journal.
- Authors are permitted and encouraged to post their work online (e.g., in institutional repositories or on their website) prior to and during the submission process, as it can lead to productive exchanges, as well as earlier and greater citation of published work (See The Effect of Open Access).
- By submitting the processing fee, it is understood that the author has agreed to our terms and conditions which may change from time to time without any notice.
- It should be clear for authors that the Editor In Chief is responsible for the final decision about the submitted papers; have the right to accept\reject any paper. The Editor In Chief will choose any option from the following to review the submitted papers:A. send the paper to two reviewers, if the results were negative by one reviewer and positive by the other one; then the editor may send the paper for third reviewer or he take immediately the final decision by accepting\rejecting the paper. The Editor In Chief will ask the selected reviewers to present the results within 7 working days, if they were unable to complete the review within the agreed period then the editor have the right to resend the papers for new reviewers using the same procedure. If the Editor In Chief was not able to find suitable reviewers for certain papers then he have the right to accept\reject the paper.B. sends the paper to a selected editorial board member(s). C. the Editor In Chief himself evaluates the paper.
- Author will take the responsibility what so ever if any copyright infringement or any other violation of any law is done by publishing the research work by the author
- Before publishing, author must check whether this journal is accepted by his employer, or any authority he intends to submit his research work. we will not be responsible in this matter.
- If at any time, due to any legal reason, if the journal stops accepting manuscripts or could not publish already accepted manuscripts, we will have the right to cancel all or any one of the manuscripts without any compensation or returning back any kind of processing cost.
- The cost covered in the publication fees is only for online publication of a single manuscript.