Implementation of Just Basic Software in Lecture on Numerical Method
AbstractOne of the subjects must be mastered by mathematics students is the Numerical Method. In this lecture, software assistance is needed for difficult and complicated questions to be solved manually. However, based on the needs analysis carried out, the software assistance has not been applied in lecturer of Numerical Method all this time. This study aims to describe the application of Just Basic software in lectures of Numerical Method. This study follows the implementation steps in the ADDIE model (Analysis, Design, Development, Implementation and Evaluation). The subject of this research trial was the students of the Mathematics Education Study Program at Serambi Mekkah University in the 6th semester of 2015. Numerical Method Lecture assisted by Just Basic software was very helpful for students in the lecture process seen from the results of lecture implementation observations which showed excellent results. Then the results of observations of student activities are more than 90%, as well as an increase in formative scores in every meeting. Based on the results of this study, it can be concluded that the lecture on Numerical Method was greatly helped by the application of software.
Ahmed, S. A., & Elzaki, T. M. (2018). On the comparative study integro Differential equations using difference numerical methods. Journal of King Saud University - Science. 2(12), 90-93.
Asih, T. N. (2013). Pembelajaran NHT pada metode numerik dengan bantuan aplikasi maple. Unnes Journal of Mathematics Education Research, 2(1), 190-196.
Branch, M. R. (2009). Instructional Design: The ADDIE Approach, (Online), (http://ebookandpdf.com/businessjob/53119-instructional-design-theaddie-approach.html), diakses 26 April 2017.
Framingham. (2018). Pengenalan Just Basic, (http://www.justbasic.com/), diakses 20 Januari 2019.
. (2017). Pengenalan Liberty Basic, (http://www.libertybasic.com/), diakses 20 Januari 2019
MacArthur, D. G., Balasubramanian, S., Frankish, A., Huang, N., Morris, J., Walter, K., ... & Albers, C. A. (2012). A systematic survey of loss-of-function variants in human protein-coding genes. Science, 335(6070), 823-828.
Rahmat, R. F., Silviani, S., Nababan, E. B., Sitompul, O. S., Anugrahwaty, R., & Silmi, S. (2017). Identification of molar and premolar teeth in dental panoramic radiograph image. In Informatics and Computing (ICIC), 2017 Second International Conference on (pp. 1-6). IEEE.
Rikayanti, R. (2017). Pengembangan bahan ajar berbasis software matlab pada mata kuliah metode numerik. Symmetry: Pasundan Journal of Research in Mathematics Learning and Education, 2(2), 18-30.
Triatmodjo, B. (1992). Metode numerik. Yogjakarta: Peta Offset.
Authors who submit papers with this journal agree to the following terms:
- Authors retain copyright and grant the journal right of first publication with the work simultaneously licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution License that allows others to share the work with an acknowledgement of the work's authorship and initial publication in this journal.
- Authors are able to enter into separate, additional contractual arrangements for the non-exclusive distribution of the journal's published version of the work (e.g., post it to an institutional repository or publish it in a book), with an acknowledgement of its initial publication in this journal.
- Authors are permitted and encouraged to post their work online (e.g., in institutional repositories or on their website) prior to and during the submission process, as it can lead to productive exchanges, as well as earlier and greater citation of published work (See The Effect of Open Access).
- By submitting the processing fee, it is understood that the author has agreed to our terms and conditions which may change from time to time without any notice.
- It should be clear for authors that the Editor In Chief is responsible for the final decision about the submitted papers; have the right to accept\reject any paper. The Editor In Chief will choose any option from the following to review the submitted papers:A. send the paper to two reviewers, if the results were negative by one reviewer and positive by the other one; then the editor may send the paper for third reviewer or he take immediately the final decision by accepting\rejecting the paper. The Editor In Chief will ask the selected reviewers to present the results within 7 working days, if they were unable to complete the review within the agreed period then the editor have the right to resend the papers for new reviewers using the same procedure. If the Editor In Chief was not able to find suitable reviewers for certain papers then he have the right to accept\reject the paper.B. sends the paper to a selected editorial board member(s). C. the Editor In Chief himself evaluates the paper.
- Author will take the responsibility what so ever if any copyright infringement or any other violation of any law is done by publishing the research work by the author
- Before publishing, author must check whether this journal is accepted by his employer, or any authority he intends to submit his research work. we will not be responsible in this matter.
- If at any time, due to any legal reason, if the journal stops accepting manuscripts or could not publish already accepted manuscripts, we will have the right to cancel all or any one of the manuscripts without any compensation or returning back any kind of processing cost.
- The cost covered in the publication fees is only for online publication of a single manuscript.