The Implementation of Discovery Learning Model to Improve Students’ Mathematical Reasoning Skill
AbstractOne of the mathematical skills that students should possess is mathematical reasoning skill. However, the reality shows that students' mathematical reasoning skill is still low. One of learning models that can be applied to improve students' mathematical reasoning skill is Discovery Learning model. This study aims to find out the improvement in students’ mathematical reasoning skill which are taught with Discovery Learning model. This study uses a quantitative approach with an experimental method of pretest-posttest control group design. The population included in this study was all students at grade VIII of Keumala Private Junior High School in Pidie Regency, and the samples were class VIII-2 which was used as an experimental class and class VIII-3 was used as a control class. The data from the results of this study were analyzed using an ANOVA test. Based on the results of data analysis, it can be concluded that the improvement in students 'mathematical reasoning skill taught with Discovery Learning model is better compared to the improvement in students' mathematical reasoning skill taught conventionally.
Ario, M. (2015). Penalaran Matematisdan Mathematical Habish Of Mmid Melalui Pembelajaran Berbasis Masalah dan Penemuan Terbimbing. Edusentris. Jurnal Ilmu Pendidikan dan Pengajaran. Sekolah Pascasarjana Universitas Pendidikan Indonesia, 2(1), 11- 18.
As’ari, A, R.., Tohir, M., Valentino, E., Imron, Z., & Taufik, I. (2017). Buku Guru Matematika. Jakart: Kementrian Pendidikan dan Kebudayaan.
Depertemen Pendidikan Nasional. (2016). Kurikulum 2013. Jakarta:BNSP.
Depdiknas (2004). Peraturan tentang Penilaian Perkembangan Anak Didik SMP No. 506/C/Kep/PP/2004 Tanggal 11 November 2004. Jakarta: Ditjen Dikdasmen Depdiknas.
Hosnan. (2014). Pendekatan Saintifik dan Kontektual dalam Pembelajaran Abad 21. Bogor: Ghalia Indonesia
Kemdikbud. (2013). Modul Pelatihan Kurikulum 2013. Jakarta: Kementian Pendidikan dan Kebudayaan R.I.
Lithner, J. (2017). Principles for designing mathematical tasks that enhance imitative and creative reasoning. Journal on mathematics education, 49(6), 937-949.
Maarif, S. (2016). Improving Junior High School Students’ Mathematical Analogical Ability Using Discovery Learning Method, International Journal of Research in Education and Science. 2,(1). 114-124.
Mawaddah, S., & Maryanti, R. (2016). Kemampuan Pemahaman Konsep Matematika Siswa Dalam Pembelajaran Mengunakan Model Penemuan Terbimbing (Discovery learning). Jurnal Pendidikan Matematika, 4(1), 118-125.
Permana, A. F. (2015). Peningkatan Kemampuan Penalaran Logis Matematika Siswa Melalui Pembelajaran Discovery Methods Di Kelas X Sma Negeri 2 Sigli,. Jurnal Peluang, 3(2). 25-29.
Shadiq, F. (2004). Pemecahan Masalah, Penalaran, dan Komunikasi Matematis. Makalah pada Diklat Instruktur/ Pengembangan Matematika SMP Jenjang Dasar. Yogyakarta: PPPG Matematika.
Shadiq, F. (2007). Kemahiran Matematika. Yogyakarta : Depdiknas.
Soemarmo, U., & Hendriana, H. (2017). Penilaian Pembelajaran Matematika. Bandung: Refika Aditama.
Sudjana. (2005). Metode statistik . Bandung:Tarsito.
Sumaryono, Priatna, N., & Anngaena, Y. ( 2016). Modul Model Pembelajaran Matematika Yongyakarta: PPPPTK Matematika.
Suryadi. (2012). Membangun Budaya Baru dalam Berpikir Matematika. Bandung: Rizqi.
Syahputri, I., & Manullang, M. ( 2017). Perbedaan Kemampuan Penalaran Matematis Siswa yang Diajar dengan Model Pembelajaran Discovery Learning dan Model Pembelajaran Kooperatif Tipe STAD di Kelas VIII SMP Negeri 6 Medan. Jurnal Inspiratif, 3 (2). 38-45.
Tran, T., Nguyen, N.-G., Bui, M.-D., & Phan, A.H. (2014). Discovery Learning with the Help of the GeoGebra Dynamic Geometry Software. International Journal of Learning, Teaching and Educational Research, 7(1), 44-57.
Wahyudin. (2008). Pembelajaran & Model-model pembelajaran: Pelengkap untuk meningkatkan kompetensi pedagogis para guru dan calon guru profesional. Bandung: Mandiri.
Wawan. (2014)Eksperimen Model Pembelajaran Kooperatif Tipe Student Teams Achievement Divisions (STAD) Berbantuan Winplot dan Team Assisted Individualization (TAI) Pada Materi Aplikasi Turunan Fungsi Ditinjau DariKemampuan Penalaran Mtaematis. Jurnal Elektronik Pembelajaran Matematika, 2(8), 8-791.
Authors who submit papers with this journal agree to the following terms:
- Authors retain copyright and grant the journal right of first publication with the work simultaneously licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution License that allows others to share the work with an acknowledgement of the work's authorship and initial publication in this journal.
- Authors are able to enter into separate, additional contractual arrangements for the non-exclusive distribution of the journal's published version of the work (e.g., post it to an institutional repository or publish it in a book), with an acknowledgement of its initial publication in this journal.
- Authors are permitted and encouraged to post their work online (e.g., in institutional repositories or on their website) prior to and during the submission process, as it can lead to productive exchanges, as well as earlier and greater citation of published work (See The Effect of Open Access).
- By submitting the processing fee, it is understood that the author has agreed to our terms and conditions which may change from time to time without any notice.
- It should be clear for authors that the Editor In Chief is responsible for the final decision about the submitted papers; have the right to accept\reject any paper. The Editor In Chief will choose any option from the following to review the submitted papers:A. send the paper to two reviewers, if the results were negative by one reviewer and positive by the other one; then the editor may send the paper for third reviewer or he take immediately the final decision by accepting\rejecting the paper. The Editor In Chief will ask the selected reviewers to present the results within 7 working days, if they were unable to complete the review within the agreed period then the editor have the right to resend the papers for new reviewers using the same procedure. If the Editor In Chief was not able to find suitable reviewers for certain papers then he have the right to accept\reject the paper.B. sends the paper to a selected editorial board member(s). C. the Editor In Chief himself evaluates the paper.
- Author will take the responsibility what so ever if any copyright infringement or any other violation of any law is done by publishing the research work by the author
- Before publishing, author must check whether this journal is accepted by his employer, or any authority he intends to submit his research work. we will not be responsible in this matter.
- If at any time, due to any legal reason, if the journal stops accepting manuscripts or could not publish already accepted manuscripts, we will have the right to cancel all or any one of the manuscripts without any compensation or returning back any kind of processing cost.
- The cost covered in the publication fees is only for online publication of a single manuscript.