Improving Students' Mathematical Reasoning Ability Through Problem Posing Approaches at SMPN 19 Banda Aceh
AbstractOne tendency that causes students to fail to solve every mathematical problem that demands analysis is caused by students not using good reasoning in solving problems given. The application of the problem posing approach to junior high school students is one solution to overcome this problem. This research was conducted as an effort to improve mathematical reasoning abilities, activities, and student responses to learning using the problem posing approach. This research is a Classroom Action Research which was conducted for four meetings and consisted of two cycles with the research subject being seventh grade students of SMP Negeri 19 Banda Aceh. Data collection was carried out using a test of mathematical reasoning ability, student activity observation sheet, and questionnaire. Data were analyzed using descriptive statistics. The results showed that students' mathematical reasoning abilities could be improved through a problem posing approach. This is shown by the students' mathematical reasoning ability which has increased, namely in the 50% I-cycle, complete and become 95.83% in the second cycle. The expected student activity in learning using the problem posing approach is also active and students' responses to learning using the problem posing approach in class VII of SMPN 19 Banda Aceh are very positive.
Kemendikbud. (2013). Materi Pelatihan Guru Implementasi Kurikulum 2013 SMP/MTs Matematika. Jakarta: Kemendikbud.
Hosnan, M. (2014). Pendekatan Saintifik dan Konstekstual dalam Pembelajaran Abad 21. Bogor: Ghalia Indonesia
NCTM. (2000). Principles and Standards for School Mathematics. Reston: National Council of Teachers of Mathematics.
Wahyudin. (2008). Pembelajaran dan Model-Model Pembelajaran. Bandung: Universitas Pendidikan Matematika.
Sagala, S. (2011). Konsep dan Makna Pembelajaran. Bandung: Alfabeta.
Xia, X., Lu, C., & Wang. B. (2008). Reasearch on Mathematics Instruction Experiment Based Problem Posing. Journal of Mathematics Education, (1), 153-163.
Yuhasriati. (2002). Pembelajaran Persamaan Garis Lurus yang Memuat Problem Posing di SLTP Laboratorium Universitas Negeri Malang. Jurnal Penelitian Kependidikan, 12 (1), 61-74.
Silver, E. A. & Cai, J. (1996). An Analysis of Arithmetic Problem Posing by Middle School Student. Journal for Research in Mathematics Education, 27 (5), 521-529
Sumarmo, U., & Johar, R. (2012). Evaluasi Pembelajaran Matematika. Banda Aceh: Universitas Syiah Kuala.
Arikunto, S. (2010). Prosedur penelitian suatu pendekatan praktik. Jakarta: Rineka Cipta.
Japa, I Gusti Ngurah & Suarjana, M. (2012). Pembelajaran matematika SD. Singaraja: Universitas Pendidikan Ganesha
Rohani, A. (2004). Pengelolaan pengajaran. Jakarta: Rineka Cipta.
Irwan. (2011). Pengaruh Pendekatan Problem Posing Model Search, Solve, Create
and Share (SSCS) dalam Upaya Meningkatkan Kemampuan Penalaran Matematis Mahasiswa Matematika. Jurnal Penelitian Pendidikan, 12 (1), 1-13
Purwanto, N. (1994). Prinsip-prinsip dan teknik evaluasi pengajaran pendidikan. Bandung: Remaja Rosdakarya
Usman, M. U. (2005). Menjadi Guru Profesional, Cet. XVII. Bandung: Remaja Rosdakarya.
Novitasari, N. I., Hanurawan, F., & Soetjipto, B. E. (2016). The Implementation of Prblem Posing Medel Assisted by Smard Card to Improve Students’ Questioning Skill on Social Studies for the Fourth Grade Students. IOSR Journal of Humanities and Social Science (IOSR-JHSS), 21 (3), 105-110.
Vionita, A and Purboningsih, D. (2017) Improving Attitudes Toward Mathematics Learning with Problem Posing in Class VIII. AIP Conference Proceeding, 1868, 050007-1–050007-8, 1-8
Authors who submit papers with this journal agree to the following terms:
- Authors retain copyright and grant the journal right of first publication with the work simultaneously licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution License that allows others to share the work with an acknowledgement of the work's authorship and initial publication in this journal.
- Authors are able to enter into separate, additional contractual arrangements for the non-exclusive distribution of the journal's published version of the work (e.g., post it to an institutional repository or publish it in a book), with an acknowledgement of its initial publication in this journal.
- Authors are permitted and encouraged to post their work online (e.g., in institutional repositories or on their website) prior to and during the submission process, as it can lead to productive exchanges, as well as earlier and greater citation of published work (See The Effect of Open Access).
- By submitting the processing fee, it is understood that the author has agreed to our terms and conditions which may change from time to time without any notice.
- It should be clear for authors that the Editor In Chief is responsible for the final decision about the submitted papers; have the right to accept\reject any paper. The Editor In Chief will choose any option from the following to review the submitted papers:A. send the paper to two reviewers, if the results were negative by one reviewer and positive by the other one; then the editor may send the paper for third reviewer or he take immediately the final decision by accepting\rejecting the paper. The Editor In Chief will ask the selected reviewers to present the results within 7 working days, if they were unable to complete the review within the agreed period then the editor have the right to resend the papers for new reviewers using the same procedure. If the Editor In Chief was not able to find suitable reviewers for certain papers then he have the right to accept\reject the paper.B. sends the paper to a selected editorial board member(s). C. the Editor In Chief himself evaluates the paper.
- Author will take the responsibility what so ever if any copyright infringement or any other violation of any law is done by publishing the research work by the author
- Before publishing, author must check whether this journal is accepted by his employer, or any authority he intends to submit his research work. we will not be responsible in this matter.
- If at any time, due to any legal reason, if the journal stops accepting manuscripts or could not publish already accepted manuscripts, we will have the right to cancel all or any one of the manuscripts without any compensation or returning back any kind of processing cost.
- The cost covered in the publication fees is only for online publication of a single manuscript.