Corporate Value, Performance, and Reputation: Evidence from Indonesia
AbstractThis study was done due to raise more empirical evidence on the effect of corporate performance and corporate social responsibility to corporate value. This study use Return on Asset (ROA), Economic Value Added (EVA), and Corporate Social Responsibility Disclosure (CSR) as independent variables, and Tobin’s Q as an indicator of corporate value as dependent variable. This study is using a total of 138 manufacturing company that listed in Indonesian Stock Exchange during 2012 – 2016, and a total of 43 companies are selected by using purposive sampling method. This study is using multiple linear regresson analysis to analyze the data. This study suggest that both variable ROA and EVA have positive impact to corporate value, while CSR has negative impact to corporate value.
E.F. Fama. “The Effect of a Firm’s Investment and Financing Decision on the Welfare of its Security Holders.” The American Economic Review, Vol. 68, pp. 272–284, Jun. 1978.
E.F. Brigham and M.C. Ehrhardt. Financial Management (Theory and Practice) 13rd Edition. Thomson South Western: New York, 2013.
Payamta and M. Machfoedz. “Banking Sector Performance Evaluation Before and After Went to be a Public Company at Indonesian Stock Exchange.” KELOLA, No. 20, Aug. 1999.
N.L.P. Wiagustini. Principles of Financial Management. Udayana University Press: Bali, 2010.
M.A. Harjoto and H. Jo. “Corporate Governance and Firm Value: The Impact of Corporate Social Responsibility.” Journal of Business Ethics, Vol. 103, No. 3, pp. 351–383, Oct. 2011.
I. Ghozali and A. Chariri. Accounting Theory (3rd Edition). University of Deponegoro Press: Semarang, 2007.
A. Haghiri and S. Haghiri. “The Investigation of Effective Factors on Stock Return with Emphasis on ROA and ROE Ratios in Tehran Stock Exchange (TSE).” Journal of Basic and Applied Scientific Research, Vol. 2, No. 9, pp. 9097–9103, 2012.
M.A.M. Kabajeh, S.M.A.A. Nu’aimat and F.N. Dahmash. “The Relationship between the ROA, ROE and ROI Ratios with Jordanian Insurance Public Companies Market Share Prices.” International Journal of Humanities and Social Science, Vol. 2, No. 11, pp. 115–120, Jun. 2012.
T.K. Pertiwi and F.M.I. Pratama. “The Effect of Financial Performance, Good Corporate Governance to Corporate Value in Food and Beverages.” Jurnal Manajemen dan Kewirausahaan, Vol. 14, No. 2, pp. 118–127, 2012.
M.R. Kohansal, A. Dadrasmoghaddam, K.M. Karmozdi and A. Mohseni. “Relationship between Financial Ratios and Stock Prices for the Food Industry Firms in Stock Exchange of Iran.” World Applied Programming Journal, Vol. 3, No. 10, pp. 512–521, Oct. 2013.
M. Nurhayati. “The Effect of Profitability, Liquidity, and Size to Dividend Policy and Corporate Value in Non-Service Industry.” Jurnal Keuangan dan Bisnis, Vol. 5, No. 2, pp. 144– 153, Jul. 2013.
Z.E. Sari. “The Effect of Profitability, Leverage, Economic Value Added, and Systematic Risk to Corporate Value (Empirical Study on Listed Companies in LQ45 Index).” Jurnal Akuntansi, Vol. 1, No. 2, pp. 1–28, 2013.
A.K. Sharma and S. Kumar. “Economic Value Added (EVA) – Literature Review and Relevant Issues.” International Journal of Economics and Finance, Vol. 2, No. 2, pp. 200–220, 2010.
I. Ismail. “The Ability of EVA (Economic Value Added) Attributes in Predicting Company Performance.” African Journal of Business Management, Vol. 5, No. 12, pp. 4993–5000, 2011.
K.K. Wedayanthi and N.P.A. Darmayanti. “The Effect of Economic Value Added, Independent Commissioner Board Proportion, and Return on Asset to Corporate Value.” E-Jurnal Manajemen UNUD, Vol. 5, No. 6, pp. 3647–3676, 2016.
R. Nurlela and Islahuddin. “The Effect of Corporate Social Responsibility to Corporate Value with Management Ownership as Moderating Variable,” in National Accounting Symposium XI, 2008, pp. 1–25.
K.F. Adnantara. “The Effect of Ownership Structure and Corporate Social Responsibility to Corporate Value” M.Ak. thesis, Udayana University, Bali, 2012.
D. Suhardjanto and S. Nugraheni. “The Effect of Corporate Social Responsibility (CSR) Disclosure to Corporate Value (Empirical Study on Indonesian Stock Exchange).” Jurnal Akuntansi, Vol. 16, No. 2, pp. 162–175, 2012.
H. Servaes and A. Tamayo. “The Impact of Corporate Social Responsibility on Firm Value: The Role of Customer Awareness.” Management Science, Vol. 59, No. 5, pp. 1045–1061, 2013.
I. Ghozali. Multivariate Analysis with SPSS Program. University of Diponegoro Press: Semarang, 2006.
Authors who submit papers with this journal agree to the following terms:
- Authors retain copyright and grant the journal right of first publication with the work simultaneously licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution License that allows others to share the work with an acknowledgement of the work's authorship and initial publication in this journal.
- Authors are able to enter into separate, additional contractual arrangements for the non-exclusive distribution of the journal's published version of the work (e.g., post it to an institutional repository or publish it in a book), with an acknowledgement of its initial publication in this journal.
- Authors are permitted and encouraged to post their work online (e.g., in institutional repositories or on their website) prior to and during the submission process, as it can lead to productive exchanges, as well as earlier and greater citation of published work (See The Effect of Open Access).
- By submitting the processing fee, it is understood that the author has agreed to our terms and conditions which may change from time to time without any notice.
- It should be clear for authors that the Editor In Chief is responsible for the final decision about the submitted papers; have the right to accept\reject any paper. The Editor In Chief will choose any option from the following to review the submitted papers:A. send the paper to two reviewers, if the results were negative by one reviewer and positive by the other one; then the editor may send the paper for third reviewer or he take immediately the final decision by accepting\rejecting the paper. The Editor In Chief will ask the selected reviewers to present the results within 7 working days, if they were unable to complete the review within the agreed period then the editor have the right to resend the papers for new reviewers using the same procedure. If the Editor In Chief was not able to find suitable reviewers for certain papers then he have the right to accept\reject the paper.B. sends the paper to a selected editorial board member(s). C. the Editor In Chief himself evaluates the paper.
- Author will take the responsibility what so ever if any copyright infringement or any other violation of any law is done by publishing the research work by the author
- Before publishing, author must check whether this journal is accepted by his employer, or any authority he intends to submit his research work. we will not be responsible in this matter.
- If at any time, due to any legal reason, if the journal stops accepting manuscripts or could not publish already accepted manuscripts, we will have the right to cancel all or any one of the manuscripts without any compensation or returning back any kind of processing cost.
- The cost covered in the publication fees is only for online publication of a single manuscript.