Competency-Based Learning Material (CBLM): An Alternative Delivery Mode for G12 TVL Track Students
AbstractThis study aimed to evaluate the used of Competency-Based Learning Material (CBLM) Module as An Alternative Delivery Mode for G12 TVL Track Students in Paranaque National High School – Main Senior High School. Competency-Based Learning Material (CBLM) is a student-centered learning approach that provides the students with learning tools they need to learn at their own pace and make choices about the sequence of their learning. Results of the study revealed that most of the students in the TVL strands were male and were within the ages of 17 to 19. Based on the statistical findings, Competency-Based Learning Materials (CBLM) Module is an effective alternative delivery mode for students engaged in the Joint Delivery Voucher Program for Training of DepED. It is recommended to intensify the use of CBLM as an alternative delivery mode in the case of conflicting schedule of the training due to the unforeseen release of the JDVP fund of the Department of Education of TVL students and any other instances in the absence of a physical classroom.
. Gervais, J. (2016). The operational definition of competency-based education. The Journal of Competency-Based Education, 1(2), pp.98-106.
. Ed.gov. (2019). Competency-Based Learning or Personalized Learning | U.S. Department of Education. [online] Available at: https://www.ed.gov/oii-news/competency-based-learning-or-personalized-learning [Accessed 13 Feb. 2019].
. Western Governors University. (2019). Competency-Based Education | A New Way to Learn | WGU. [online] Available at: https://www.wgu.edu/about/competency-based-education.html [Accessed 13 Feb. 2019].
. Yturralde, A. (2019). An Assessment of the Competency-Based Learning Material (CBLM) in Work in a Team Environment (Apr2013). [online] Concepcionvocationalschool.blogspot.com. Available at: http://concepcionvocationalschool.blogspot.com/p/requirements-for-admission.html [Accessed 13 Feb. 2019].
. En.wikipedia.org. (2019). Competency-based learning. [online] Available at: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Competency-based_learning [Accessed 14 Feb. 2019].
. Department of Education (2015). DO 8, s. 2015 Policy Guidelines on Classroom Assessment for The K To 12 Basic Education Program.
Authors who submit papers with this journal agree to the following terms:
- Authors retain copyright and grant the journal right of first publication with the work simultaneously licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution License that allows others to share the work with an acknowledgement of the work's authorship and initial publication in this journal.
- Authors are able to enter into separate, additional contractual arrangements for the non-exclusive distribution of the journal's published version of the work (e.g., post it to an institutional repository or publish it in a book), with an acknowledgement of its initial publication in this journal.
- Authors are permitted and encouraged to post their work online (e.g., in institutional repositories or on their website) prior to and during the submission process, as it can lead to productive exchanges, as well as earlier and greater citation of published work (See The Effect of Open Access).
- By submitting the processing fee, it is understood that the author has agreed to our terms and conditions which may change from time to time without any notice.
- It should be clear for authors that the Editor In Chief is responsible for the final decision about the submitted papers; have the right to accept\reject any paper. The Editor In Chief will choose any option from the following to review the submitted papers:A. send the paper to two reviewers, if the results were negative by one reviewer and positive by the other one; then the editor may send the paper for third reviewer or he take immediately the final decision by accepting\rejecting the paper. The Editor In Chief will ask the selected reviewers to present the results within 7 working days, if they were unable to complete the review within the agreed period then the editor have the right to resend the papers for new reviewers using the same procedure. If the Editor In Chief was not able to find suitable reviewers for certain papers then he have the right to accept\reject the paper.B. sends the paper to a selected editorial board member(s). C. the Editor In Chief himself evaluates the paper.
- Author will take the responsibility what so ever if any copyright infringement or any other violation of any law is done by publishing the research work by the author
- Before publishing, author must check whether this journal is accepted by his employer, or any authority he intends to submit his research work. we will not be responsible in this matter.
- If at any time, due to any legal reason, if the journal stops accepting manuscripts or could not publish already accepted manuscripts, we will have the right to cancel all or any one of the manuscripts without any compensation or returning back any kind of processing cost.
- The cost covered in the publication fees is only for online publication of a single manuscript.