Achievements of the Kindergarten Vis-à-vis Classroom Quality in Leyte District I
AbstractThis study determine the relationship of classroom quality to Kindergarten achievement in District of Leyte 1, Division of Leyte for the school year 2018-2019. Descriptive-correlational research design was utilized to determine the relationship between classroom quality and achievement of Kindergarten learners. Based on the gathered data, quality classroom for Kindergarten was rarely established. The obtained mean value was 2.48 On the proficiency of the Kindergarten learners using the developmental domains, it was found out that the proficiency level of the Kindergarten learners was considered as “Significantly Delay in Overall Development” with a mean value of 74.78. On the achievement level of the Kindergarten learners, data showed that the obtained mean percentage score of the Kindergarten learners was only 74.79 with a qualitative description interpreted as “Average Performing”. On the significant relationship between the classroom quality and level of proficiency of the Kindergarten learners using the seven domains, revealed that the null hypothesis was rejected. Therefore, there is a significant relationship exist between classroom quality and level of proficiency of the Kindergarten learners. It was also revealed that the classroom quality had a correlation on the achievement of the Kindergarten learners. Thus, making high quality classrooms for Kindergarten learners is necessary.
Q. Suleman, & I. Hussain . Effects of Classroom Physical Environment on the Academic Achievement Scores of Secondary School Students in Kohat Division, Pakistan. International Journal of Learning& Development, 4(1), 71-82. 2014
Philippine Constitutions. Article 14, Sec. 1&2, Republic of the Philippines.1987
M. D. Santiago. Sixteenth Congress of the Republic of the Philippines), First Regular Session, Senate, S. No. 11892. 2013
R. Hannah. The Effect of Classroom Environment on Student Learning. Lee Honors College. Western Michigan University. Retrieved from:https://scholarworks.wmich.edu/cgi/viewcontent.cgi?article=3380&context=honors_theses. 2013
Department of Education Order No. 64. Republic of the Philippines, Department of Education. 2017
A. D. B. Pascua. Department of Education, Memorandum Order 0003, http://depedcalabarzon.ph/wp-content/uploads/2018/02/Memorandum_0003.pdf. 2018
Department of Education. Revised-Guidelines Governing Parents Teachers-Associations/PTAS at the School Level. 2009
Department of Education. Content Uploads Kindergarten Curriculum Guide. 2019
Department of Education Order No. 73, Republic of the Philippines, Department of Education. 2012
A. Kausar, A. I. Kiyani, and Q. Suleman. Effect of Classroom Environment on the Academic Achievement of Secondary School Students in the Subject of Pakistan Studies at Secondary Level in Rawalpindi District, Pakistan. Journal of Education and Practice, ISSN 2222-1735 (Paper), ISSN 2222-288X (Online) Vol.8, No.24, 2017.
X. J. Wu et al. The Role of the Directorate of Staff Development (DSD) in Teacher Training in Pakistan in the Public Sector Schools. 2012
M. J. Waseer, (2008). Effects of Classroom Physical Environment on the Academic Achievement of Students in Subject of English at Elementary School Level. Unpublished MPhil Thesis, Allama Iqbal Open University, Islamabad. 2008
Y. U. Zeun. Good learning environment. Retrieved from: http://www.sjcjethuli.com/advantages/3028-good-learning-environment.html. 2017
S. Smith. Teaching challenges and dilemmas (2nd ed.) Singapore: Robyn Ewing Rosie Le Cornu Thomson. 2013
Authors who submit papers with this journal agree to the following terms:
- Authors retain copyright and grant the journal right of first publication with the work simultaneously licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution License that allows others to share the work with an acknowledgement of the work's authorship and initial publication in this journal.
- Authors are able to enter into separate, additional contractual arrangements for the non-exclusive distribution of the journal's published version of the work (e.g., post it to an institutional repository or publish it in a book), with an acknowledgement of its initial publication in this journal.
- Authors are permitted and encouraged to post their work online (e.g., in institutional repositories or on their website) prior to and during the submission process, as it can lead to productive exchanges, as well as earlier and greater citation of published work (See The Effect of Open Access).
- By submitting the processing fee, it is understood that the author has agreed to our terms and conditions which may change from time to time without any notice.
- It should be clear for authors that the Editor In Chief is responsible for the final decision about the submitted papers; have the right to accept\reject any paper. The Editor In Chief will choose any option from the following to review the submitted papers:A. send the paper to two reviewers, if the results were negative by one reviewer and positive by the other one; then the editor may send the paper for third reviewer or he take immediately the final decision by accepting\rejecting the paper. The Editor In Chief will ask the selected reviewers to present the results within 7 working days, if they were unable to complete the review within the agreed period then the editor have the right to resend the papers for new reviewers using the same procedure. If the Editor In Chief was not able to find suitable reviewers for certain papers then he have the right to accept\reject the paper.B. sends the paper to a selected editorial board member(s). C. the Editor In Chief himself evaluates the paper.
- Author will take the responsibility what so ever if any copyright infringement or any other violation of any law is done by publishing the research work by the author
- Before publishing, author must check whether this journal is accepted by his employer, or any authority he intends to submit his research work. we will not be responsible in this matter.
- If at any time, due to any legal reason, if the journal stops accepting manuscripts or could not publish already accepted manuscripts, we will have the right to cancel all or any one of the manuscripts without any compensation or returning back any kind of processing cost.
- The cost covered in the publication fees is only for online publication of a single manuscript.