Improving Cultural Management Practices of High Valued Variety of Malaysian Mums
AbstractThe growth and floral yield parameters of Malaysian mums was significantly influenced by different organic soil amendment both in two cropping. Mums grown in 1 part garden soil and I part plant mate + carbonized rice hull and FPJ was the tallest plant, early to initiate bolting resulting to earlier flower initiation and harvesting , higher dry matter yield , numerous petals, bigger flower size and longer shelf life but statistically at par to 1 part garden soil and I part chicken dung + carbonized rice hull and FPJ and recommended slow release fertilizer while garden soil alone obtained the shortest, delayed floral opening and harvesting due to late bolt initiation, few petals and smaller flower head both in two cropping season. The floral color of Malaysian mums was rated 2 classified as good color dominated red orange based on color chart in 1st cropping but dominated yellow with red strip in second cropping.
. FAO ”Climate-smart agriculture source book”. Food and Agriculture Organization of the United Nations., 2013. .available http://www.fao.org.
. Flower Farm Corporation, “The importance and prospect of growing cut flowers” presented at the Asia International Cut Flower Show, World Trade Center, Manila Philippines, 2012.
. A.Jeratso, “Cut flower boom in the Philippines” presented at the Business Forum, Bagiou City, Philippines, 2008
. J..Raja “Influence of nitrogen and phosphorus on flowering, N and P content of African marigold Tageteserecta L var Cracker”. International Journal of Farm Sciences vol 5 no.1. pp 42-50, 2015
. Kenya Internet:.http://www.wandaorganic.com/.Jan 24, 2017.
. E. Kio and S. Maina, 2016 . “Plantmate Organic Fertilizer” Available:https://www.plantmateorganics.com Aug. 2014.
. Manila , (2015) . The Most Advanced Bio-Organic Fertilizer. Available:https://richfundinternational.com Aug 5, 2014.
. A. Mante and L..Mante,(2015,Dec.). “Efficacy of bio inputs product as organic foliar fertilizer for orchids” International Journal of applied research (on-line),2(2):147-151. Available: www.allresearchjournal. com Feb.2016.
Authors who submit papers with this journal agree to the following terms:
- Authors retain copyright and grant the journal right of first publication with the work simultaneously licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution License that allows others to share the work with an acknowledgement of the work's authorship and initial publication in this journal.
- Authors are able to enter into separate, additional contractual arrangements for the non-exclusive distribution of the journal's published version of the work (e.g., post it to an institutional repository or publish it in a book), with an acknowledgement of its initial publication in this journal.
- Authors are permitted and encouraged to post their work online (e.g., in institutional repositories or on their website) prior to and during the submission process, as it can lead to productive exchanges, as well as earlier and greater citation of published work (See The Effect of Open Access).
- By submitting the processing fee, it is understood that the author has agreed to our terms and conditions which may change from time to time without any notice.
- It should be clear for authors that the Editor In Chief is responsible for the final decision about the submitted papers; have the right to accept\reject any paper. The Editor In Chief will choose any option from the following to review the submitted papers:A. send the paper to two reviewers, if the results were negative by one reviewer and positive by the other one; then the editor may send the paper for third reviewer or he take immediately the final decision by accepting\rejecting the paper. The Editor In Chief will ask the selected reviewers to present the results within 7 working days, if they were unable to complete the review within the agreed period then the editor have the right to resend the papers for new reviewers using the same procedure. If the Editor In Chief was not able to find suitable reviewers for certain papers then he have the right to accept\reject the paper.B. sends the paper to a selected editorial board member(s). C. the Editor In Chief himself evaluates the paper.
- Author will take the responsibility what so ever if any copyright infringement or any other violation of any law is done by publishing the research work by the author
- Before publishing, author must check whether this journal is accepted by his employer, or any authority he intends to submit his research work. we will not be responsible in this matter.
- If at any time, due to any legal reason, if the journal stops accepting manuscripts or could not publish already accepted manuscripts, we will have the right to cancel all or any one of the manuscripts without any compensation or returning back any kind of processing cost.
- The cost covered in the publication fees is only for online publication of a single manuscript.