Comparative Perception of the Position and Treatment of Gifted Children in the Czech Republic and the Republic of Macedonia
AbstractIn this paper we give an overview of the treatment and position of gifted children in the Czech Republic and the Republic of Macedonia in order to see the similarities and differences in the work with gifted children in both countries. Gifted children usualy find the general education boring and unchallenging, because they are more mature then their peers. In order to make education of gifted children successful, it is necessary to put it on several pillars, so we can achieve the optimal development of gifted pupils. The comparative analysis is aimed at determining the following points:How is the educational system for gifted children children in Czech Republic and in the Republic of Macedonia? Do they have an individual educational plan? Identification of gifted children - How we can recognize gifted children? How we can find them? Are there some test? Who can teach gifted children in Czech Republic and in the Republic of Macedonia? Which problems can have these children? How sucessfully work with gifted children? Counseling for gifted children. All these questions are analyzed in detail and explained in the further part of the paper.
BUNEŠOVÁ L. a kol. Realizace individuálních vzdělávacích plánů s ohledem na potřeby vyrovnávacích opatření. [online]. Praha: Národní ústav pro vzdělávání, školské poradenské zařízení a zařízení pro další vzdělávání pedagogických pracovníků, 2012. 93 s. [cit. 22.10.2017]. ISBN 978-80-87652-67-1.
FOŘTÍKOVÁ, J. Tvoříme individuální vzdělávací plán mimořádně nadaného žáka: krok za krokem s nadaným žákem. [online]. Praha: Výzkumný ústav pedagogický, 2009. 72 s. [cit. 27.10.2017] ISBN 978-80-87000-28-1
KOVÁŘOVÁ R., KLUGOVÁ I. Edukace nadaných dětí a žáku. Ostrava: Ostravská univerzita v Ostravě, 2009. ISBN 978-80-7368-430-3.
Nadané děti. Vývoj testů. ©2001 – 2017 [cit. 12.10.2017]. Available on: http://www.nadanedeti.cz/vyvoj-testu-obecne-informace.
Mensa CR. Mensa NTC Project for Kindergarten[online]. ©2017 [cit. 26.10.2017]. Available on: http://deti.mensa.cz/index-en.php?pg=ntc-learning.
Mensa CR. Mensa gymnazium, o.p.s. ©2017 [cit. 26.10.2017]. Available on: http://deti.mensa.cz/index.php?pg=spolupracujici-skoly&cid=36.
Mensa CR. Vzdělávání učitelů. ©2017 [cit. 26.10.2017]. Available on: http://deti.mensa.cz/index.php?pg=home—vzdelavani-ucitelu.
Act. no. 561/2004 Collection of law, on pre-school, basic, secondary, tertiary professional and other education (the education act), as amended
JASHARI, H. Essays on Politics and Society. Lulu.com, 2015, Avaiable at: https://books.google.mk/books?id=czbNCQAAQBAJ&pg=PA98&lpg=PA98&dq=Educational+system+for+gifted+children+in+Macedonia&source=bl&ots=f5agYVX4Kz&sig=xaDWyTikOHVihrlV0Qn540u12Qo&hl=cs&sa=X&redir_esc=y#v=onepage&q=Educational%20system%20for%20gifted%20children%20in%20Macedonia&f=false ISBN 1326271849.
NOVOTNÁ, Lucie. Mimořádně nadané děti s handicapem. Metodický portál: Články [online].[cit. 27.10.2017]. Avaiable at:http://clanky.rvp.cz/clanek/c/Z/22/MIMORADNE-NADANE-DETI-S-HANDICAPEM.html. ISBN 1802-4785.
PETROVSKA S., RUNCHEVA J. Preparing teachers for work in an inclusive classroom in Republic of Macedonia (Study programs at the Faculties for teacher training). Presentation presented at: [INTERNATIONAL WEEK Diversity & Inclusive Education, 2016 Salzburg]
SWALLES, Carol. Gifted nad Talented Identification. Parent handbook. Thompson School District [cit.27.10.2017].Avaiableat:https://www.thompsonschools.org/cms/lib/CO01900772/Centricity/Domain/1475/Parent%20Handbook%20GT%20Identification.pdf.
THOMPSON, Julia G. The first-year teacher's survival guide: ready-to-use strategies, tools & activities for meeting the challenges of each school day. 2nd ed. San Francisco, CA: Jossey-Bass, c2007. ISBN 978-0-7879-9455-6.
ZDRAVKOVSKA, Zaneta. COUNSELING ON GIFTED AND TALENTED. International Journal of EducationTEACHER,ISSN1857-8888. Available at: <https://ijeteacher.com/index.php/ijeteach/article/view/10>. Date accessed: 29 oct. 2017.
The New York Times. Education. Grouping Students by Ability Regains Favor in Classroom [online].[cit. 28.10.2017]. Avaiable at: http://www.nytimes.com/2013/06/10/education/grouping-students-by-ability-regains-favor-with-educators.html?ref=giftedstudents
World Council for Gifted and Talented children. About WCGTC. [online].[cit. 28.10.2017]. Avaiable at: https://www.world-gifted.org/
European Talent Centr. Talent map of Europe. Republic of Macedonia [online].[cit. 29.10.2017]. Avaiable at: http://talentcenterbudapest.eu/talentmap/republic%20of%20macedonia
Teach. Gifted education [online].[cit. 29.10.2017]. Avaiable at: https://teach.com/gifted-education/
Classbase. Countries. [online].[cit. 30.10.2017] Avaiable at: https://www.classbase.com/Countries/Macedonia/Education-System
Authors who submit papers with this journal agree to the following terms:
- Authors retain copyright and grant the journal right of first publication with the work simultaneously licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution License that allows others to share the work with an acknowledgement of the work's authorship and initial publication in this journal.
- Authors are able to enter into separate, additional contractual arrangements for the non-exclusive distribution of the journal's published version of the work (e.g., post it to an institutional repository or publish it in a book), with an acknowledgement of its initial publication in this journal.
- Authors are permitted and encouraged to post their work online (e.g., in institutional repositories or on their website) prior to and during the submission process, as it can lead to productive exchanges, as well as earlier and greater citation of published work (See The Effect of Open Access).
- By submitting the processing fee, it is understood that the author has agreed to our terms and conditions which may change from time to time without any notice.
- It should be clear for authors that the Editor In Chief is responsible for the final decision about the submitted papers; have the right to accept\reject any paper. The Editor In Chief will choose any option from the following to review the submitted papers:A. send the paper to two reviewers, if the results were negative by one reviewer and positive by the other one; then the editor may send the paper for third reviewer or he take immediately the final decision by accepting\rejecting the paper. The Editor In Chief will ask the selected reviewers to present the results within 7 working days, if they were unable to complete the review within the agreed period then the editor have the right to resend the papers for new reviewers using the same procedure. If the Editor In Chief was not able to find suitable reviewers for certain papers then he have the right to accept\reject the paper.B. sends the paper to a selected editorial board member(s). C. the Editor In Chief himself evaluates the paper.
- Author will take the responsibility what so ever if any copyright infringement or any other violation of any law is done by publishing the research work by the author
- Before publishing, author must check whether this journal is accepted by his employer, or any authority he intends to submit his research work. we will not be responsible in this matter.
- If at any time, due to any legal reason, if the journal stops accepting manuscripts or could not publish already accepted manuscripts, we will have the right to cancel all or any one of the manuscripts without any compensation or returning back any kind of processing cost.
- The cost covered in the publication fees is only for online publication of a single manuscript.