The Effect of Profitability, Institutional Ownership on the Value of the Company with Dividend Policy as a Meditation
AbstractThis study aims to examine the effect of profitability and institutional ownership on firm value with dividend policy as a mediating variable. The data used is sourced from secondary data collected through the company's financial statements for 2014-2016. The sample used in this study amounted to 12 banking companies. Analysis of the data used in this study uses path analysis. This study obtained results that profitability affects dividend policy, institutional ownership has no effect on dividend policy, profitability affects the value of the company, institutional ownership affects the company's value and dividend policy affects the value of the company. For the results of the mediation effect test, this study obtained results that dividend policy is not a mediating variable of the effect of profitability and institutional ownership on the value of the company.
Nurlela, R dan Islahuddin. (2008). The Influence of Corporate Social Responsibility on Company Values with Profitability and Percentage of Management Ownership as Moderating Variables. Accounting National Association XI. Pontianak 23-24.
Purnamawati, I Gusti Ayu. (2016). The Effect Of Capital Structure and Profitability on Stock Price (Study of The Manufacturing Sector In Indonesia Stock Exchange). International Journal of Business, Economic and Law, Vol. 9, Issue 1.
Husnan, Suad. (2001) Basics of Portfolio Theory and Securities Analysis..Yogyakarta. Penerbit: UPP AMP YKPN
Widanaputra, A.A.G.P. (2007). The Influence of Conflict Between Shareholders and Management Regarding Dividend Policy Against Accounting Conservatism. Dissertation of Accounting Doctoral Program Faculty of Economics, Gajah Mada University, Yogyakarta
Putri, I. F., & Nasir, M. 2006. Analysis of Simultaneous Equations of Managerial Ownership, Institutional Ownership, Risk, Debt Policy and Dividend Policy in Agency Theory Perspective. National Accounting IX Symposium Padang, 23-26
Kartika, Nuringsih. (2005). Analysis of the Effect of Managerial Ownership, Debt Policy, ROA and Company Size on Dividend Policy. Accounting and Financial Journal of Indonesia. Vol. 2, No.2, pp. 103-123, July-December.
Easterbrook, F. H. (1984). Two Agency-Cost Explanations of Dividens.The American Economic Review, 650-659
Mehta, Anupam, (2012), “An Empirical Analysis of Determinants of Dividend Policy Evidence From The UAE Companies,” Global Review of Accounting and Finance, Vol 1, hal 1-48
Al Najjar, Basil, (2012), “Dividens Behavior and Smoothing New Evidence From Jordanian Panel Data,” University of the West of England, Vol 1, hal 1-27
Sujoko dan Ugi Soebiantoro.(2007). Effect of Share Ownership Structure, Leverage, Internal Factors and External Factors on Company Values. "Journal of Management and Entrepreneurship. Vol. 9.No 1.41-48.
Embara, C., Wiagustini, N., & Badjra, B. (2012). Variables that Influence Dividend Policy and Share Prices on Manufacturing Companies in the Indonesia Stock Exchange. Journal of Management, Business Strategy, and Entrepreneurship. Vol. 6, No. 2, August, p. 119-127.
Sukirni, Dwi., (2012). Managerial Ownership, Institutional Ownership, Dividend Policy, and Debt Policy Analysis of Corporate Values, Accounting Analysis Journal, State University of Malang, Volume 2 number 1, pages 1-12.
Agnes, Tia dan Tarmizi, Rosmiati. (2016). Effect of Managerial Ownership, Institutional Ownership, Free Cash Flow and Profitability on Dividend Policy on Public Go Manufacturing Companies Listed on the IDX for the Period 2010-2013. Journal of Accounting and Finance Vol. 7, No.1, March 2016.Hal.103-119.
Chen, Li-Ju. (2011). The Influence of Profitability on Firm Value with Capital Structure as The Mediator and Firm Size and Industry as Moderators. Investment Management and Financial Innovations, 8, (3):121-128.
Nofrida, R., (2013). "The Effect of Profitability on Company Values with Dividend Policy as Intervening Variables (Empirical Study on Manufacturing Companies Listed on the IDX)" FE Journal of Padang State University.
Lastri, A. (2014). "Effect of Profitability, Growth Opportunity and Capital Structure Of Company Value (Studies in Banking Companies Listed on the Stock Exchange Period 2011-2013)". Thesis.University of Brawijaya, Malang.
Jensen, M. dan W. Meckling.(1976). Theory of the Firm Managerial Behavior, Agency Cost and Ownership Structure.Journal of Financial Economics 3: 305-60.
Tamrin et al. (2017). “Effect on Profitability and Dividend Policy on Corporate Governance and Firm Value : Evidence from the Indonesian Manufacturing Sectors, Journal of Business and Management IOSR-JBM Vol. 19, Issue 10. Ver. VIII, PP 66-74.
Mardiyati, Umi, Ahmad, Gatot Nazir, dan Putri, Ria. (2012). Effect of Dividend Policy, Debt Policy and Profitability on the Value of Manufacturing Companies Listed on the Indonesia Stock Exchange (IDX) Period 2005-2010. Indonesian Science Management Research Journal (JRMSI) vol. 3, No. 1.
Sukoco, Heri. (2013). “Analysis of the Effect of Debt to Equity Ratio, Profitability, Firm Size and Liquidity on Company Value Through Mediation of Dividend Payout Ratio (Study on Manufacturing Industry in the Indonesia Stock Exchange Period 2009-2011). Business Journal Strategy. Vol. 22 No. 2.
Wahyudi, U dan H.P Pawestri. (2006). Implications of Ownership Structure Against Company Value: With Financial Decisions as Intervening Variables, Accounting Symposium 9 Padang, August 23-26: 1-25
Sartono, Agus. (2002). Financial management Applications and Theory. BPFE-Yogyakarta
Sugiyono. (2014). Qualitative Quantitative Research Methods and R & D. Bandung: Alfabeta
Authors who submit papers with this journal agree to the following terms:
- Authors retain copyright and grant the journal right of first publication with the work simultaneously licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution License that allows others to share the work with an acknowledgement of the work's authorship and initial publication in this journal.
- Authors are able to enter into separate, additional contractual arrangements for the non-exclusive distribution of the journal's published version of the work (e.g., post it to an institutional repository or publish it in a book), with an acknowledgement of its initial publication in this journal.
- Authors are permitted and encouraged to post their work online (e.g., in institutional repositories or on their website) prior to and during the submission process, as it can lead to productive exchanges, as well as earlier and greater citation of published work (See The Effect of Open Access).
- By submitting the processing fee, it is understood that the author has agreed to our terms and conditions which may change from time to time without any notice.
- It should be clear for authors that the Editor In Chief is responsible for the final decision about the submitted papers; have the right to accept\reject any paper. The Editor In Chief will choose any option from the following to review the submitted papers:A. send the paper to two reviewers, if the results were negative by one reviewer and positive by the other one; then the editor may send the paper for third reviewer or he take immediately the final decision by accepting\rejecting the paper. The Editor In Chief will ask the selected reviewers to present the results within 7 working days, if they were unable to complete the review within the agreed period then the editor have the right to resend the papers for new reviewers using the same procedure. If the Editor In Chief was not able to find suitable reviewers for certain papers then he have the right to accept\reject the paper.B. sends the paper to a selected editorial board member(s). C. the Editor In Chief himself evaluates the paper.
- Author will take the responsibility what so ever if any copyright infringement or any other violation of any law is done by publishing the research work by the author
- Before publishing, author must check whether this journal is accepted by his employer, or any authority he intends to submit his research work. we will not be responsible in this matter.
- If at any time, due to any legal reason, if the journal stops accepting manuscripts or could not publish already accepted manuscripts, we will have the right to cancel all or any one of the manuscripts without any compensation or returning back any kind of processing cost.
- The cost covered in the publication fees is only for online publication of a single manuscript.