The Model of Biogas Utilization from Livestock Manure Using Farmer Group Approach to Meet Alternative Energy at Household Scale
AbstractThis study aims to analyze the potential of waste generated from the application of integrated farming systems through biogas production produced as alternative fuel for households. The results showed that the waste of integrated farming system in the form of livestock manure can produce biogas and organic fertilizers that can be used by farming managers as an input for production activities and for sale. A cow can produce biogas around 600-1000 liters per day. The use of biogas as an alternative fuel for stoves and lamps can save household expenditure to buy fossil fuels. Besides avoiding scarcity of fossil fuels, it can also reduce the negative impact of livestock farming activities. In addition, people using biogas are participating in the mitigation of greenhouse gases.This study develops a model of biogas utilization using farmer group approach where each group, consists of 20 people, manage a number of 20 to 50 cows. The group members exploit biogas from cow’s manure with the concept of 'come with grasses, go home with biogas'. They use biogas bags, so that bio-digesters at cow’s stalls are operated to refill biogas.
Hambali E. Teknolodi Bioenergi. Bogor, ID: PT Agromedia Pustaka, 2007.
Ihsan A, Bahri S, Musafira. “Produksi Biogas Menggunakan Cairan Isi Rumen Sapi Dengan Limbah Cair Tempe”. Natural Science: Journal of Science and Technology, vol. 2 (2), pp. 30-38, 2013.
Jorgensen PJ. Biogas – Green Energy. Aaarhus (DK): Digisource Danmark, 2009.
Karki AB, Dixit K. Biogas Fieldbook. Khatmandu (NP): Sahayogi Press, 1984.
Rana SS, Chopra. Integrated Farming System. Palampur (IN): CSK Himachal Vishvavidyalaya, 2013.
Suharno B. Kiat Sukses Berbisnis Ayam. Jakarta (ID): Penebar Swadaya, 2009.
Soetadi VSS, Kawano DS. “Studi Eksperimen Distribusi Temperatur Nyala Api Kompor Bioetanol Tipe Side Burner Dengan Variasi Diameter Firewall”. Jurnal Teknik ITS vol. 1, pp. 2301-9271, 2012.
Wahyono EH, Sudarno N. Biogas: Energi Ramah Lingkungan. Bogor (ID): Yapeka, 2012.
Yulianto P, Saparinto C. Pembesaran Sapi Potong Secara Intensif. Jakarta (ID): PenebarSwadaya, 2011.
Authors who submit papers with this journal agree to the following terms:
- Authors retain copyright and grant the journal right of first publication with the work simultaneously licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution License that allows others to share the work with an acknowledgement of the work's authorship and initial publication in this journal.
- Authors are able to enter into separate, additional contractual arrangements for the non-exclusive distribution of the journal's published version of the work (e.g., post it to an institutional repository or publish it in a book), with an acknowledgement of its initial publication in this journal.
- Authors are permitted and encouraged to post their work online (e.g., in institutional repositories or on their website) prior to and during the submission process, as it can lead to productive exchanges, as well as earlier and greater citation of published work (See The Effect of Open Access).
- By submitting the processing fee, it is understood that the author has agreed to our terms and conditions which may change from time to time without any notice.
- It should be clear for authors that the Editor In Chief is responsible for the final decision about the submitted papers; have the right to accept\reject any paper. The Editor In Chief will choose any option from the following to review the submitted papers:A. send the paper to two reviewers, if the results were negative by one reviewer and positive by the other one; then the editor may send the paper for third reviewer or he take immediately the final decision by accepting\rejecting the paper. The Editor In Chief will ask the selected reviewers to present the results within 7 working days, if they were unable to complete the review within the agreed period then the editor have the right to resend the papers for new reviewers using the same procedure. If the Editor In Chief was not able to find suitable reviewers for certain papers then he have the right to accept\reject the paper.B. sends the paper to a selected editorial board member(s). C. the Editor In Chief himself evaluates the paper.
- Author will take the responsibility what so ever if any copyright infringement or any other violation of any law is done by publishing the research work by the author
- Before publishing, author must check whether this journal is accepted by his employer, or any authority he intends to submit his research work. we will not be responsible in this matter.
- If at any time, due to any legal reason, if the journal stops accepting manuscripts or could not publish already accepted manuscripts, we will have the right to cancel all or any one of the manuscripts without any compensation or returning back any kind of processing cost.
- The cost covered in the publication fees is only for online publication of a single manuscript.